• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,691 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I would say issue 300 unfortunately I still motored on for another 400 issues, hey I'm a slowwwwww learner.:sick:  

I liked the 'Back in Black' storyline, and Garney's art. A few good stories here and there after 300 but nothing to rival the first 185 issues really. I see the old stuff and new as completely separate. You can't compare the later sophistication to the simpler, but far more charming early books. It's all wrapped up in age too. And nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I liked the 'Back in Black' storyline, and Garney's art. A few good stories here and there after 300 but nothing to rival the first 185 issues really. I see the old stuff and new as completely separate. You can't compare the later sophistication to the simpler, but far more charming early books. It's all wrapped up in age too. And nostalgia. 

Spoken like a true comic poet.

10 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Here's one from ASM 135 that I hadn't even heard of. No idea where Ross had to be to get that perspective.  This is as close as I could get.

image.thumb.png.5155932f7c424dce78ddc0dec52751cf.png

He must've climbed one of the trees :grin:

On 4/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Here's one I like because the colors used on the comic match the sunlight hitting the bridge in this photo. 

image.thumb.png.021ccfbf7421af33c708954ed76cb2fa.png

Sweet bridge in comic an real life👍👍‼️🤔‼️

Edited by FoggyNelson

54 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Back to France.  

image.png.6563da2f1d550ef51016b155c783e903.png

First time I've noticed Spidey's reflection there. Odd, cos I love that issue.

12 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, I really think Ross was in his prime around this time.  I was noticing that reflection earlier too.

Nice to see the #138 cab scene too. I liked that issue. I liked that it was largely about Peter, and his suprise at Flash's welcoming him. You wouldn't get that today. 

46 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice to see the #138 cab scene too. I liked that issue. I liked that it was largely about Peter, and his suprise at Flash's welcoming him. You wouldn't get that today. 

That's an excellent point.  Didn't even think of it as a Peter Parker issue with a Spider-Man cameo.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Andru used a lot of bridges on his run on Amazing Spider-Man.  Here's another, but I couldn't find a picture from 1974 for a good comparison.

image.thumb.png.7aafcb4f242a2e8e0db998aec4597de0.png

I think I see this bridge in lots of movies🤔🤔‼️