• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,712 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

That's cool.  The auction heading says it was signed by Ross Andru, but the paper it is printed on has a copyright 2001-2005.  It's unclear to me how Ross would have signed this, since he passed in 1993.

hm

On 4/27/2020 at 11:24 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Okay, every time I do some Ross Andru or Bronze Age Spider-Man trivia, you guys blow it away in a few hours or a day at maximum.

So, minimal clues on this one.  Let's see who can get it (be exact as possible).

What does the following comic panel have to do with Bronze Age Spider-Man? 

image.png.8950feb865304ae834488dd57b1ffbd1.png

Hey @MGsimba77  @FoggyNelson @ADAMANTIUM @sledgehammer @tv horror

Any guesses?

6 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Hey

Any guesses?

It does seem familiar like it's been discussed, but no, I don't remember lol

I saw when you posted and had hoped Marwood would know, but I guess not, I'm at a loss too

20 minutes ago, bababooey said:

The only guess I can muster is that the "brand" in the cartoon is some reference to the sneaky background signatures from the inkers Tony Mortellaro and Dave Hunt.  

I did think the x's were something to do with it but came up with zilch. If it turns out that Donald Duck was secretly the Mind Worm....

Only thing I can think of is that double x was put on there by a ray device on top of a jeep from afar in the Donald duck comic. That's how the villain was cought in the story. The connection to bronze spider-man is the spider mobile? The spider mobile has the ability to project the spider signal so maybe that's a connection?

If it's not that then I have no freaking idea???

Edited by MGsimba77
Spider mobile spelling

50 minutes ago, bababooey said:

The only guess I can muster is that the "brand" in the cartoon is some reference to the sneaky background signatures from the inkers Tony Mortellaro and Dave Hunt.  

We do have a winner gentlemen!  I will post the full details later tonight West Coast time.

11 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Only thing I can think of is that double x was put on there by a ray device on top of a jeep from afar in the Donald duck comic. That's how the villain was cought in the story. The connection to bronze spider-man is the spider mobile? The spider mobile has the ability to project the spider signal so maybe that's a connection?

If it's not that then I have no freaking idea???

Cool! I was beginning to wonder if it was an ad, so good to know that it IS part of a Donald comic :)

Good Luck!

47 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

We do have a winner gentlemen!  I will post the full details later tonight West Coast time.

All hail Triple-B! (worship)