• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,712 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Central Park is on my bucket list of places to visit👍👍🦃it’s like we’ve already been there though because I have watched so many movies that the park was in👍

What your favorite thing about the park? Mr Spider-Variant??

I've only been a couple of times.  I lived in upstate NY for 20 years and only made it down to the city a few times.  I think the cool thing about Central Park is that you go from concrete jungle to this amazing park.  It would have been so easy to continue putting up buildings, but someone preserved a little outdoors.  It's like it doesn't belong, but you are glad it does.  

21 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Maybe it was an inside joke

Maybe one of them couldn't spell Reggie :grin:

Did you do this one from 180? I can't recall it:

rc2.PNG.aece9d57ff182528968702bdeb71f4da.PNG rc.jpg.c90db016c4aa809e015e45d1df539e7b.jpg

50 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Maybe one of them couldn't spell Reggie :grin:

Did you do this one from 180? I can't recall it:

rc2.PNG.aece9d57ff182528968702bdeb71f4da.PNG rc.jpg.c90db016c4aa809e015e45d1df539e7b.jpg

Great find @Get Marwood & I.  I did the Radio City Music Hall, but not that specific panel.  Never thought I would find a pic of Linda Ronstadt's name scrolling by.  Definitely going to add it.

Edited by Spider-Variant

16 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Great find @Get Marwood & I.  I did the Radio City Music Hall, but not that specific panel.  Never thought I would find a pic of Linda Ronstadt's name scrolling by.  Definitely going to add it.

:grin:

Capture.thumb.PNG.665d1caadceaa32048c6c4a8bef8c4ce.PNG

Here's a few original art panels from page 7 of ASM 151 (up on Heritage for auction right now).

Even though it's a character page, I like the way Ross flowed the story and made the characters as dynamic as possible.

Harry is spot on in my mind as someone who had been recovering from a major issue.  Ross draws him gaunt, reserved, even a little awkward, making the reader forget the Goblin just below the surface.

The other thing I love about this issue is the inks by John Romita.  Just so, so much crisper than Mike Esposito's.  And of course, he majorly influenced the appearance of MJ.  Alas poor Gwen wasn't in this issue.

image.thumb.png.1782af5db79283c14f057ec10e477b34.png