• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,723 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, MGsimba77 said:

There's a splash page in 150 featuring MJ. Its when he's fighting Spider slayer. I love Kane but Romita remains the only one to perfect MJ....Andru came close but the facial detail never quite matched. All of them have more talent than most people would know what to do with however lol

Agreed.

Romita Sr. is imbeatable but Andru did my favorite MJ. :)

kraven and mj.jpg

mary jane airport.jpg

We discussed a little time ago how Gil Kane drew the Brooklyn Bridge as the location of the demise of the lovely Gwen Stacy back in Amazing Spider-Man 121, even though the dialogue referenced the George Washington Bridge.

Here are the flashbacks over his run on Amazing Spider-Man Ross drew in harkening back to that fateful day, hopefully I didn't miss any.  Below that is Gil Kane's original depiction.

image.thumb.png.a7962f7890f191a0706e774b45b770bf.png

image.png.42474c931029434e5ce4b4d883e249a0.png

39 minutes ago, Winterboy said:

I love Andru's artwork.

Me too, but Gil Kane was pretty good too, lol.

I really like the artwork in ASM 145, one of my favorite Ross issues, driven primarily by nostalgia.  That flashback scene is one of my favorites.

image.thumb.png.135f2ddac93e53bf688a7498070696f2.png

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 3/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, MGsimba77 said:

There's a splash page in 150 featuring MJ. Its when he's fighting Spider slayer. I love Kane but Romita remains the only one to perfect MJ....Andru came close but the facial detail never quite matched. All of them have more talent than most people would know what to do with however lol

Romita MJ is beautiful an scintillating ❤️❤️❤️❤️‼️

On 3/27/2021 at 2:40 AM, Spider-Variant said:

And of course, Peter is wearing @Get Marwood & I 's sweater.   :baiting:

Pete must've read Charlton romance as a kid...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a799be4ad418ff40d9fd64a381e48acf.jpg