• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,723 posts in this topic

Just now, Spider-Variant said:

Ah, sarcasm is wasted on youth, lol.:baiting:

otto.gif.aa4016231febe1da46a74f1c8a18bf67.gif

Current Andru Super Spidey World Indoor Participation Event ( for short) participants:

• Stevie
  • Jackie
  • Garie
  • Reggie

Sounds like the members of a pop group :)

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Andru Super Spidey World Indoor Participation Event ( for short) participants

The board profanity filter wiped it! lol

45 minutes ago, Garystar said:

If only we knew a band with four members whose names all ended in syllable “ee”. Could even be greatest band in the world. 
Hey ho it will come to me. 

Capture.PNG.058ced737aed3a827980768be903e2f0.PNG

See you guys in a few days :headbang:

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Current Andru Super Spidey World Indoor Participation Event ( for short) participants:

• Stevie
  • Jackie
  • Garie
  • Reggie

Steve, please list the board names so I recognize them, lol

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

• Stevie
  • Jackie
  • Garie
  • Reggie

Hey, @ADAMANTIUM, @FoggyNelson, @HighVoltage, @ganni, @Winterboy, @MGsimba77, @piper, @tv horror, @bababooey, @Martin4 plus anyone else I may have forgotten. 

Anyone up for @Get Marwood & I 's Ross Andru Puzzle Challenge?

26 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Hey, @ADAMANTIUM, @FoggyNelson, @HighVoltage, @ganni, @Winterboy, @MGsimba77, @piper, @tv horror, @bababooey, @Martin4 plus anyone else I may have forgotten. 

Anyone up for @Get Marwood & I 's Ross Andru Puzzle Challenge?

Terms?

Rules and agreements check box?

I'd not be too great at a Andru challenge, not as equated with the trivia, but I'll run with the bulls to learn! 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Terms?

Rules and agreements check box?

I'd not be too great at a Andru challenge, not as equated with the trivia, but I'll run with the bulls to learn! 

GetMarwood&I lists the terms in a post up above.  It's just putting a Ross Andru inspired jigsaw puzzle together.

10 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

@Garystar (worship)

From now on, this will be in my mind when I think of you Gary: 

DwAcos7VsAA37T3.jpg.a76e6ab11c579a13b5580864e85ddaa8.jpg

Come to think of it, there's got to be a jigsaw of Jigsaw, surely :wishluck:

And please don't call me Shirley!:bigsmile:

As for the Jigsaw I would just say it was lost in the post as it's a beauty. Seriously, as I was summoned to appear unfortunately I'm still very busy but I wish you all the best also hello Steve my friend. :foryou:

On 2/9/2021 at 5:56 PM, Spider-Variant said:

The Big Wheel was a Big Deal.  Not!  :facepalm:

CGC states this is Ross Andru pencils with Ernie Chan inks and I would be hard pressed to give you a different answer.  Coupled with the Bob McLeod inks on the interior, this whole issue was just out of place.

This is the first time I have found a scan of this cover though, so that is neat.  That's 35 out of 61 ASM covers accounted for from the Ross Andru era (ASM 125-185).

ama1.39739_1.jpg

Holy!  Apparently I was wrong, the Big Wheel is a Big Deal.  Well, at least this original cover art for ASM 183 was, bringing in $45K.  More than I thought it would go for.

lol...I don't think I've ever even tried a jigsaw puzzle lol

Given my work schedule I'd have to spend my entire day off on it...then leave what's left for the next week. My glacial pace would hold up the entire thing and ruin it for everyone lol! Besides, I kind of liken the post office to a dentist appointment...going there is like pulling teeth for me even when I'm making money selling something. So I'll have to bow out. Although maybe if there was a moldy peanut butter jar up for grabs I might give it a go (shrug) ^^

On 4/16/2021 at 4:20 AM, tv horror said:

And please don't call me Shirley!:bigsmile:

As for the Jigsaw I would just say it was lost in the post as it's a beauty. Seriously, as I was summoned to appear unfortunately I'm still very busy but I wish you all the best also hello Steve my friend. :foryou:

And you Maurice - hope life is treating you and yours well mate :foryou:

On 4/15/2021 at 9:43 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Steve, please list the board names so I recognize them, lol

OK, so we have five players unless I missed anyone - me, my sister, my Mum (recruited yesterday), Garystar and you Reggie.

My Mum and sister will take their goes in the week then I'll pick it up next Friday and have a timed go the at weekend. @Garystar is going to time his own copy - Gary - post your results when you're done mate (with a pic of the completed puzzle if you can). Once I've posted my lots results, I'll post it to you Reggie (PM me an address).

I'll keep tabs as we go and try to have some fun with it - expect some ribbing for lousy times and / or lousy excuses for bad times :bigsmile:

Me Mum's up first and, though I love the bones of her, I don't think she's going to trouble anyone for the Gold Medal placing. 

15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

My Mum and sister will take their goes in the week then I'll pick it up next Friday and have a timed go the at weekend. @Garystar is going to time his own copy - Gary - post your results when you're done mate (with a pic of the completed puzzle if you can).

Will do, although grandkids have to stop with us a few days so if I start now it will take me until they leave. 

On 4/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, MGsimba77 said:

lol...I don't think I've ever even tried a jigsaw puzzle lol

Given my work schedule I'd have to spend my entire day off on it...then leave what's left for the next week. My glacial pace would hold up the entire thing and ruin it for everyone lol! Besides, I kind of liken the post office to a dentist appointment...going there is like pulling teeth for me even when I'm making money selling something. So I'll have to bow out. Although maybe if there was a moldy peanut butter jar up for grabs I might give it a go (shrug) ^^

Jigsaws are fun an challenging 👍‼️😷