• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,712 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

It's simply 'AMAZING', all that bubbles up from the depths...

Is the colour missing from the shadow of the P in 'Spider-Man' on every copy FU?

And by FU I mean First Upgrade of course :)

2 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

It's simply 'AMAZING', all that bubbles up from the depths...

First, Welcome to the Club!  :tink:

Second, very nice collection of ASM 174s.  Do you have a backstory for this issue?

A quick spot check looks like all ASM 174 Direct Editions have the non-shadowed P in the word Spider-Man.  I've never noticed that before, but I don't look at this book that often.

Third, got any more cool stuff from the Ross Andru era of ASM?  Post it up!  :banana:

On 3/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Ugh, Paine!

image.png.65960cd6318e3b6b1d5aaec851eed6e5.png

That guy creeped me out back in the day.

But MJ was bringing it.

image.png.b62772913f56b4f5f0b8ad637410d16a.png

Funny, I always read that "Kung Fu Fighting" is our song? with no question mark, implying Peter was making a joke.  With the question mark, the song is playing and Pete is wondering if MJ really thinks it's their song.

image.png.7ab1152932c5c42296ae2b60d23a8644.png

Does anyone else think John Romita did MJ's face in this panel?

The way she was drawn was almost indistinguishable. They weren't going to divert from the established. I think it's not Romita here because he drew her bangs a little differently. They look a little thicker on the forehead here. Romita drew the hair a little further away from the her face. Its almost covering her eye shadow here. The bridge of her nose is sharper than Romita. But who knows its certainly possible? The differences are very small. I think this is Andru 

Edited by MGsimba77

4 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

From one of my favorite arcs....

Anyone know where I can find a nice #174? 

About six posts up I think :bigsmile:

12 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

How about some Ross Andru Trivia?

Who knows where this bronze age panel of Betty Brant and Peter Parker appeared?

image.png.76e1b8f4869122a19dc77ab87c328d14.png

Betty looks familiar there... I could always watch her. What if it wasn't a Spidey title....? I'll leave it for 15, and see if it comes to me.  

23 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Betty looks familiar there... I could always watch her. What if it wasn't a Spidey title....? I'll leave it for 15, and see if it comes to me.  

Well sir, that did not take long!

You are correct, What If (1977 series) 15.

jrNsz0WxDuIf7AaJ9s62kFEaq0KY82awk6Ob2KMLM82r2GeO_lZoKKCmOd8F0GfGZFvpPzAzbT2j9g=s1600

26 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I could always watch her.

Watch-er, geddit?

I had this when I was Spidey completisting. Every appearance, however small. Fun times. Betty here had that far away look that Gwen had when she stepped out of Warren's clone machine. If my memory serves that is.

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Watch-er, geddit?

I had this when I was Spidey completisting. Every appearance, however small. Fun times. Betty here had that far away look that Gwen had when she stepped out of Warren's clone machine. If my memory serves that is.

Yes, after your Sound of Music reply, I keep my eyes open for your double, um I mean, cool talk. 

I was only a completist if it said "Amazing" on it.  So, I skipped on books like this one.  I did have the Spider-Man What Ifs, interesting premise for a comic.

Okay, every time I do some Ross Andru or Bronze Age Spider-Man trivia, you guys blow it away in a few hours or a day at maximum.

So, minimal clues on this one.  Let's see who can get it (be exact as possible).

What does the following comic panel have to do with Bronze Age Spider-Man? 

image.png.8950feb865304ae834488dd57b1ffbd1.png

On 4/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Spider-Variant said:

What does the following comic panel have to do with Bronze Age Spider-Man? 

I'm stumped Reggie. 

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Spotted this on eBay. I'd buy it if it wasn't so pricey

ra3.thumb.jpg.a00f2ef5060d6d8e804beff313d25d2d.jpg

ra2.thumb.jpg.0f3d31d8ea0e7162285d5451c5b33ca5.jpg

ra1.thumb.jpg.2f86b171ec5b39c8123f9347b3f88632.jpg

That's cool.  The auction heading says it was signed by Ross Andru, but the paper it is printed on has a copyright 2001-2005.  It's unclear to me how Ross would have signed this, since he passed in 1993.