• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?
6 6

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable' ?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (feel free to post any alternative views accordingly)
  2. 2. Should CGC withdraw from service any holders which create / are prone to create Newton Rings?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you satisfied with CGC's response to date to this issue?

• Yes
    • No

893 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Guys...I'm pretty sure that's a shill.

12 hours ago, I like pie said:

Reason to poof the threadhm

I was promised an announcement earlier this week which is why I held off posting. So this is either that announcement,  and is genuine, or a shill delivered coincidence. It seems genuine to me. Easy to prove - it just needs one of the known CGC /admin staff to confirm it.

Subject to it being confirmed, I'm glad they responded, regardless of the merits of the response, and I thank the member of staff who championed making the announcement behind the scenes. There are good people in the company who want to do the right thing. Good on them. 

12 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Thanks.

Just so I understand.  The old gen case was reholdered in July, and that case came back with newton rings.  Then you send it back for reholdering again (~3 weeks ago) to remove the newton rings, and when that case came back (on Monday) it still had newton rings.  Do I have that right?

Looks to me they haven't fixed anything. I'm seeing lots of these books coming back from different boardies and they look terrible. Why send it back to have the same thing come back. They haven't fixed anything with this problem.

Because this is caused by the two plastics coming in contact with one another, does that mean that the other guys don't use an inner well/sleeve? Can someone who knows explain how one company's product has a large amount of newton rings, while another company's doesn't?

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I was promised an announcement earlier this week which is why I held off posting. So this is either that announcement,  and is genuine, or a shill delivered coincidence. It seems genuine to me. Easy to prove - it just needs one of the known CGC /admin staff to confirm it.

Subject to it being confirmed, I'm glad they responded, regardless of the merits of the response, and I thank the member of staff who championed making the announcement behind the scenes. There are good people in the company who want to do the right thing. Good on them. 

Ya but mine were definitely excessive and I sent the email with pics, and all I got was a blanket statement that these aren't causing damage, are on all their cases, and are considered normal and acceptable .... :shy: 

Either this was a "shill", or it came from the higher ups and no one in the correct department got the memo yet.... :sorry: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Maybe they just made this change yesterday(shrug)

What concerns me, is probably the same thing that concerned Ditch, @Ditch Fahrenheit

The person who posted the information did not have their name highlighted in a color. If you check the other administrators all post with red under their names. They used to be a different color on the old boards, but now it's red. When Mr. Harshen posted, it said "Director of Operations" under his name. 

There certainly might have been a change, but just seeing 2 posts and the words "just got here" seem a little unusual, so I'm waiting to hear from someone we know is definitely not a shill.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

What concerns me, is probably the same thing that concerned Ditch, @Ditch Fahrenheit

The person who posted the information did not have their name highlighted in a color. If you check the other administrators all post with red under their names. They used to be a different color on the old boards, but now it's red. When Mr. Harshen posted, it said "Director of Operations" under his name. 

There certainly might have been a change, but just seeing 2 posts and the words "just got here" seem a little unusual, so I'm waiting to hear from someone we know is definitely not a shill.

" just got here ". you got a problem with that? :flamed:

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Coffee, you need coffee and a nap;)  Go ride your bike,lol.

you know I don't drink coffee. it causes a conflict with my cat like reflexes. and its raining here but you know I ride in the rain and cold. makes no dif to me.

3 minutes ago, DR.X said:

you know I don't drink coffee. it causes a conflict with my cat like reflexes. and its raining here but you know I ride in the rain and cold. makes no dif to me.

I know I will never again read your posts until I finish drinking my water...it can be dangerous for my keyboard;)

45 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

We made a new user name, but this is CGC

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

@Scott =)

Hi Scott - could you confirm whether @CGC Comics is legitimate please or a wind up? I agree with Sharon that were it a genuine representative it would have a staff coded colour. 

Thanks

Before and after scans that I posted to the GA thread on Newton Rings.  I sent four books with very bad NRs in for reholdering.  Three of the four came back with essentially no NRs.  This one still has a couple (noticeable under her left eye).  Seems as if they now have a handle on the problem. 

2018-07-05-0001_zpsnvjwgvnp.thumb.JPG.7160aeba32dba362aa295b6ad3e4b716 1.28.04 PM.jpg

2018-08-31-0001_zpsbndudef4.JPG