• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?
6 6

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable' ?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (feel free to post any alternative views accordingly)
  2. 2. Should CGC withdraw from service any holders which create / are prone to create Newton Rings?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you satisfied with CGC's response to date to this issue?

• Yes
    • No

893 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

I guess it is kind of a subjective term. I, personally, was thinking 1000s. (think I'm in the ballpark?)

Yes, I realize CGC has weighed the pros and cons of fixing this issue, and decided it's financially better (for them) to let it slide. But they have acceptable standards (so they say). I was just wondering why so many (there's that term again) are outside of those acceptable standards.

Man, I have no idea tbh. But it can't be good publicity.

I've bought a number of books slabbed from the past couple years off ebay with no rings.  Hopefully it stays that way :wishluck:

On 1/6/2022 at 1:21 PM, profholt82 said:

If I have some slabs that have fairly egregious newton rings, does CGC offer any type of reholdering program that is cheaper than regular slabbing? 

Yes. Email submissions@cgccomics.com with pictures and how many slabs, and they should cover shipping there and reholdering at no charge.