• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?
6 6

Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable' ?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Are Newton Rings 'normal and acceptable'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (feel free to post any alternative views accordingly)
  2. 2. Should CGC withdraw from service any holders which create / are prone to create Newton Rings?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you satisfied with CGC's response to date to this issue?

• Yes
    • No

893 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

after.jpg.36cbef8fb1a4efc011b3395059f141 look deep into the Newton Rings Eye's, it'll tell you a secret

I'm looking....it's ....hypnotic....drawing me in. ..... It's speaking to me..... saying....to me..........."you paid for this, you mug"

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

:preach:

In all seriousness, the rings really are hard to look at, but I will say that sometimes when there are only as many as the old cases, I can see how CGC says their content with them.

But these recent issues are like water boarding a comic..... @Get Marwood & I

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

In all seriousness, the rings really are hard to look at, but I will say that sometimes when there are only as many as the old cases, I can see how CGC says their content with them.

Hello. What do you want?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Absolutely agree, and more so when a sister Entity of the Host does not have the problem with Holders whose inert material is in full contact, without any Rings.

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:grin:

I know....the Host can't do :ph34r: for much longer, before customer :sumo: becomes :jaws:and the result is (worship) to the customer wishes.

Is this the window where I make a complaint? I would like some ketchup or barbecue sauce for my rings, please!

landscape-1487686220-clerks-2-jay-and-si

Love those guys..... had them both in my High School Class.....

1 minute ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Love those guys..... had them both in my High School Class.....

Kevin Smith has lost a lot of weight now after his heart attack :foryou: glad he took it seriously 

Kevin Smith has lost a lot of weight now after his heart attack :foryou: glad he took it seriously 

So am I. I like his humor delivery very much. I want him around for a while. 

OK so I took a few days off from this thread to kind of let the aggravation settle. I'm still confused as to whether there is a fix in place. And by fix I mean something that CGC is doing to correct the issue, not what they SHOULD do to fix it. Or what they can do to fix it. In other words has anyone actually gotten a reholdered comic yet that has taken the problem away? I'm also curious how everyone is getting a picture of their rings. They are as plain as day to me but to photograph them is an entirely different story. I have tried holding the slab at different angles and using different cameras but its nothing like the pics people are posting. Anyone? Anyone?

56 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

OK so I took a few days off from this thread to kind of let the aggravation settle. I'm still confused as to whether there is a fix in place. And by fix I mean something that CGC is doing to correct the issue, not what they SHOULD do to fix it. Or what they can do to fix it. In other words has anyone actually gotten a reholdered comic yet that has taken the problem away? I'm also curious how everyone is getting a picture of their rings. They are as plain as day to me but to photograph them is an entirely different story. I have tried holding the slab at different angles and using different cameras but its nothing like the pics people are posting. Anyone? Anyone?

If you look back at what I quoted you way back when, there was a paragraph saying that they continue to research and have found a slight modification that has produced quality results and to email Brittany with pictures of "excessive" Newton rings to get the reholder. I apologize, I should have Bolden that part when quoted.

There are some here who doubt this "fix" . Since I only had the 1 book that was deemed excessive, I sent it in and is currently at verified status.

There where rings on old cases that where so minimal that when the new cases have the same minimal rings, I can understand why cgc says they are acceptable. I won't judge your books as this is a sensitive subject and is better left to cgc to decide :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM