• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to restore and fix a spine roll with just an iron
1 1

90 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't iron them Jim! Too big, with all they have to carry around. Keys and stuff I mean.

I did a golf joke earlier. Did you miss it? It's on the telly and everything. Cutting edge.

If it was in the golf thread,I don't go near the sports section here.Once in a while i'll pop in to say up the arse in the fitba one,but that's about all.

7 minutes ago, telerites said:

Many, many years ago there was a thread which I believe Roy @VintageComics did some experiments with an iron.  I did some searches but couldn't find it.  I think Roy did different heat settings and such.  

I personally wouldn't try this with a comic of any value.

I've heard Roy used to experiment with irons, yes.

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

If it was in the golf thread,I don't go near the sports section here.Once in a while i'll pop in to say up the arse in the fitba one,but that's about all.

It's in this flipping thread Jim! I demand a like! 

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

spideycat.png

Spider-Cat,  Spider-Cat. 

Is a cat in a Spider-Man suit.

Can he swing, from a thread?

No, he's cat silly.

20 minutes ago, telerites said:

Many, many years ago there was a thread which I believe Roy @VintageComics did some experiments with an iron.  I did some searches but couldn't find it.  I think Roy did different heat settings and such.  

Telerites,  I've been asked to inform you that summoning Roy of Pressidicus is a criminal offence punishable by Newton Rings. Before sentence is passed, how do you plead?

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I can't breath lol 

Stop playing with the iron then. It's all that steam Jim. 

34 minutes ago, telerites said:

That was me.

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

From what I understand about pressing, it's not only a science, but an art as well. It's hard for me to accept that using a common iron for this purpose is either of those things...(shrug)

To improve a spine roll on a low value book so it can be properly stored, it's fine. If you're going to try to use an iron to raise the grade on a worthwhile book that would benefit from a proper press... well, good luck!

56 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Are you saying Roy of Pressidicus was falsely summoned? 

@telerites! Your punishment has multiplied!

@telerites?

telerites!

telerites!

This man has evaded the long arm of justice.

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Irons are for kids!!  I use one of these babies (I can press the entire Kirby FF run in one pass!)  Making sure to put cardboard on top of course....

steamroll.jpg

Any chance you could press the Byrne ASM v2 run in that?

While he's signing them?

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Irons are for kids!!  I use one of these babies (I can press the entire Kirby FF run in one pass!)  Making sure to put cardboard on top of course....

steamroll.jpg

Just be certain it's not Killdozers cousin.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

That was me.

Sorry, Joey.  You need to grow your hair longer and wear some leather pants to be confused with Roy :bigsmile:

By the way, obviously I am not self-ironing as I send you my books for pressing.  You should have gotten my last batch a short time ago.  :acclaim:

9 minutes ago, telerites said:

Sorry, Joey.  You need to grow your hair longer and wear some leather pants to be confused with Roy :bigsmile:

By the way, obviously I am not self-ironing as I send you my books for pressing.  You should have gotten my last batch a short time ago.  :acclaim:

There you are! 

Release the rings!