• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scanning art app
2 2

33 posts in this topic

Instead of using a scanner - Yesterday a friend showed me an app for your phone called Scanbot.  It allows you to scan nice images with a single click of your camera. It also helps for minor editing. Especially handy for oversize art.  Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet - wondering if anyone here has? Or if anyone is using another app that they like to recommend.

6 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

I haven’t opened my scanner since downloading CamScanner. It works great on my iPhone and the artists I’ve shared it with were blown away. Perfect for taking “pictures” of art during a con, or scanning large art. 

Do you have examples on your CAF page of what the CamScanner can do?

5 hours ago, Sriz said:

Pretty much 90% of my stuff on CAF was taken with Camscanner.  Decent app if you can get the right lighting in.

Yeah, the lighting is key, so the art appears one tone.  You don't want to be standing over it, casting a shadow when you take the pic.

Been trying out camscanner app. I use android - it creates pdfs.  If there is a setting to have the images come out as jpegs - would love to know. Updated a bunch of CAF art already.

With respect to the comment that lighting/shadows is tricky - I usedthe setting to have the flash/torch on. I put the art vertical on my desk, leaning to the wall and shot the pictures.  A real pleasure to see the app adjust the image so it flattens out.

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

Been trying out camscanner app. I use android - it creates pdfs.  If there is a setting to have the images come out as jpegs - would love to know. Updated a bunch of CAF art already.

With respect to the comment that lighting/shadows is tricky - I usedthe setting to have the flash/torch on. I put the art vertical on my desk, leaning to the wall and shot the pictures.  A real pleasure to see the app adjust the image so it flattens out.

I noticed that. My method was to click on share and after picking the image option just send it to myself through one of the other apps on my phone.  Text or email it to yourself for example. My choice is to use discord since I can just send it to my own server on there and download it on to my computer.

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, Panelfan1 said:

I usually camscan the piece, take a screenshot of it from the phone and crop out the top/bottom borders