• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction
5 5

172 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It is one of the weaker Signature Auctions I have seen from them. Only Watching 28 books. Last one was watching almost 100.  

I think the best book in the Auction is the All Starr 12, 9.4, Mile High.  I am probably watching over 100 comics but only a few seriously.  There is another Batman 25 in this one hm

23 hours ago, jhm said:

Silver lining - I'm still recovering from the last auction so I might save a few bucks this time around.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Perhaps Heritage is aware that we're all still in debt from Spring and they're saving the good stuff for Fall. (:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wouldn't that work out better for HA? Less stuff to chose from means higher bids on the books available?

Maybe, maybe not.  You can tell from the thread that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm for this auction.  Might lead folks to save their money for CL or CC, or a coming convention. 

2 hours ago, nearmint said:

Maybe, maybe not.  You can tell from the thread that there isn't a lot of enthusiasm for this auction.  Might lead folks to save their money for CL or CC, or a coming convention. 

Comics, no, very little excitement but the OA is pretty strong in this auction 

32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Comics, no, very little excitement but the OA is pretty strong in this auction 

They seem to be increasingly emphasizing OA in their sig auctions. Note the widths of the two catalogs. 

IMG_1191.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

They seem to be increasingly emphasizing OA in their sig auctions. Note the widths of the two catalogs. 

IMG_1191.jpg

I am watching a ton of OA. It will be tough to decide what to take a shot at but for me the ordering on the lots works out pretty good. Most desirable stuff ends first so if I miss out on them other pieces I like come later. 

4 hours ago, nearmint said:
4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wouldn't that work out better for HA? Less stuff to chose from means higher bids on the books available?

Well, I took a quick look at the CC auction scheduled for late August and that auction also appears to be a bit light.  Although there does appear to be a few books from the Nedor titles which usually don't seem to show up that often.  Kind of surprising since I thought with their last Event Auction featuring the Second City Collection, they would have had a backlog of nice books for this next auction.  Guess not and this is probably an indication that some of the nicer more in demand GA books are just not that easy to come by and we were just spoiled last year with all of the super nice and rare HTF books (eg. Centaur's and early Fox's) that did come out.

Any idea if the Saturday portion of this upcoming Event Auction is like their version of the Heritage Saturday dump of their second rate books since they seem to have the same end time of 7:00 PM Saturday for all of their lots, instead of the usual consecutive ending times?  Is this the first time that CC has had a Saturday portion since I don't remember them having one before?

Edited by lou_fine

Looks like tomorrow at 2 pm eastern is the day for most of the GA books.  I've got my eye on a few books that seem reasonable at their current prices.  Have a suspicion, though, that the prices will soar and I may come up empty.

10 hours ago, atomised said:

that Church Mystery Men 13 is real nice

Pfft, it's not even the highest graded copy. 

Only fit for mulch as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by tth2