• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction
5 5

172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

..Today's the big day, while I have no horse in today's offerings of this auction I am most excited to see what the Teen-Age Romances #9 will bring. 

What’s the sellers premium these days? Still 10% ?

6 hours ago, sagii said:

..Today's the big day, while I have no horse in today's offerings of this auction I am most excited to see what the Teen-Age Romances #9 will bring. 

$10,800 for the buyer ($9,000 + BP)

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

:golfclap:Incredible! Time will tell if it was a Boardie, but that's high grade SS4, GCE12 CL25 money imho. Can't remember where this book polled, buts it's certainly in that company and notorious. Should end up locked away for awhile as its a bragging rights acquisition.

I know I would...

2 minutes ago, sagii said:
16 minutes ago, valiantman said:

:golfclap:Incredible! Time will tell if it was a Boardie, but that's high grade SS4, GCE12 CL25 money imho. Can't remember where this book polled, buts it's certainly in that company and notorious. Should end up locked away for awhile as its a bragging rights acquisition.

I know I would...

Unless I'm forgetting something, I believe it's the first Baker St John romance book to break the $10K barrier. 

40 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
43 minutes ago, sagii said:
57 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I know I would...

Unless I'm forgetting something, I believe it's the first Baker St John romance book to break the $10K barrier. 

Boy, am I ever glad that Overstreet is right on top of the market when it comes to these types of books.  (thumbsu    OR NOT

Looks like he's jacked the price of a VF copy in this year's edition of the price guide up by a whopping $25 from a meagre $493 all the way up to a nosebleed price of $518.  lol  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I think I stood alone on the over part of the under over 7500. A beautiful book, presents so colorfully.

Yep.  Went higher than I thought.  I dropped out fairly early, which is just as well given where it ended.

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Missed out on my GA wants of Archie 7 and the beautiful Famous Funnies.  Man those Star Wars action figures are giving the Dubai collector a very cold bath.

Are they going low?  I have no clue what action figures sell for. 

Where's Gator with his usual play by play for these Heritage Auctions that he used to do a couple of years ago.  Or has he timed it once again so that he is he down on another one of his jaunts to a South American or Central American country which has no internet service.  (shrug)

Boy, I am even missing Mitch's usual ongoing dollar count as to how much these auctions have gotten so far.  :facepalm:

I guess we've all gotten so jaded with these big auction results that it's a big yawner to most boardies and not worth posting about anymore like what we used to do in the past. hm

1 hour ago, jhm said:

I hope I was battling a boardie for the Blue Bolt #105. Well done :sorry:

Definitely well done and it's about time this seemingly much under-appreciated L.B. Cole classic si-fi cover finally received some recognition from the buyers in the marketplace:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/adventure/blue-bolt-105-star-publications-1950-cgc-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91019.s

Must be a real toughie to fine in the marketplace as collectors most likely do not want to part with this book once they obtain one.  The Heritage archives indicates a total of only 3 copies sold, all of them back in 2007 ranging in price from the low $300 to the high $800 price range.  

My personal thinking is that if one of the higher graded copies of this book ever does come to market, it would probably have a good chance of breaking the mythical $10K price barrier.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I have no clue what action figures sell for. 

Me neither, couple examples: according to the HA description "This figure (Luke) last sold on Hakes.com for $50,622 in November 2017."  $28,800 including BP.  "(Leia) last sold on Hakes.com for $29,500 in March 2018".  $19,200 including bp.  Not many items selling below record prices in the comic world but ...  Another way to look at it is flipping is dangerous business.

Edited by ThothAmon

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Me neither, couple examples: according to the HA description "This figure (Luke) last sold on Hakes.com for $50,622 in November 2017."  $28,800 including BP.  "(Leia) last sold on Hakes.com for $29,500 in March 2018".  $19,200 including bp.  Not many items selling below record prices in the comic world but ...  Another way to look at it is flipping is dangerous business.

Interesting.  Maybe he would have been better off to have consigned them to Hake's.  I don't think Heritage typically sells a lot of high-dollar action figures. 

And it does seem odd that he would be flipping them this soon.  I don't know if it matters for the prices of Star Wars figures, but the last movie (Solo) underperformed at the b.o. and The Last Jedi was a real stinkeroo in the opinion of many fans (including me!).  So, now may not have been the best time to sell Star Wars stuff. 

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Where's Gator with his usual play by play for these Heritage Auctions that he used to do a couple of years ago.  Or has he timed it once again so that he is he down on another one of his jaunts to a South American or Central American country which has no internet service.  (shrug)

Much closer: Tampa Bay Comic Con. He's set up there this weekend