• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction
5 5

172 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, october said:

Some of the scans above look....well, pretty off to me. I always just look at the color of the CGC label, as it's the only constant on these things. If the label is too bright, too dim, or too washed out you can bet the look of the comic follows suit. I am WAY more picky about cover color than I am technical grade, so sorting out scanner settings is a constant headache for me as I do the majority of my buying online. 

Of the three books, Batman_fan's looks closest to accurate. Here is my copy in comparison, which does look like this in-hand. 

That's a great suggestion! 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:42 PM, Mmehdy said:

over 6.6 million...very strong 3 day...cong to all who won

Well, now that this big (or not so big) Heritage Auction is a wrap, shall we all move along to the CC Summer Event Auction which just seems to be starting up.  (thumbsu

Interesting to note that this auction seems to be closing earlier this year at the end of August, as opposed to their usual closing date approaching mid-September.  Maybe they are hoping to catch some of the summer heat, as opposed to ending their auctions in the post-summer doldrums of early Fall.  hm  (shrug)

4 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

What happen to the sale?  It's no longer listed on HA or GPA?

Heard they were going to offer again

no sale after all

On 8/2/2018 at 7:17 PM, lou_fine said:
On 8/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, RickHigh said:

My personal thinking is that if one of the higher graded copies of this book ever does come to market, it would probably have a good chance of breaking the mythical $10K price barrier.  hm

On 8/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, RickHigh said:

Check this one out in the upcoming Comiclink auction. Gotta feeling it will break 10K.... 

RADF0375201881_113351.jpg

Yes, methinks this copy here will definitely do it.  :luhv:

Well, looks like we were all right in terms our thinking here:

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D8%26x%3D34%26y%3D13%23Item_1269937&id=1269937&itemType=0

The auction only opened a few hours ago and it's already well past $10K and in fact, almost touching $15K with another 2 weeks to go.  (thumbsu

On 8/4/2018 at 11:38 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, let's hope for jhm's sake that the colors are truly that bright in real life on the book and just not on the scan.  :wishluck:

Just wondering since I can barely make out the CGC label on the top right due to the bright glare, as compared to the label on the Church copy which is much more distinct and clear.  hm  (shrug)

Got the Marvel Tales 95 today. While it's an absolutely gorgeous copy, I can say the Heritage picture is definitely amped a bit. It's not as bright as their picture had it, but it almost seems to make the people on the bottom stand out more.

9 minutes ago, jhm said:

Got the Marvel Tales 95 today. While it's an absolutely gorgeous copy, I can say the Heritage picture is definitely amped a bit. It's not as bright as their picture had it, but it almost seems to make the people on the bottom stand out more.

take a picture and post it.

It is a beautiful copy

On ‎2018‎/‎08‎/‎03 at 2:31 PM, Artboy99 said:

I was watching that as well. I am hoping Heritage has not tweaked the colors as I agree that they are fantastic. Congrats on your gorgeous book!

Anyone know how the Canadian version is valued in comparison to the US version? I have a pretty strong Canadian copy:

Marvel%20Tales%2096%20canadian_zpshs90ti

for those wondering if the colors are actually like that on my Marvel Tales 96 CDN: they are.

On ‎2018‎/‎08‎/‎16 at 7:14 PM, comicjack said:

Those eyes need a little Visine to clear up the red lol

he has worked hard to get his eyes to that status, it helps to have eyes like that so the people take him seriously.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:19 PM, Ltpink2002 said:
On 8/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, G.A.tor said:

It only sold for 3120 (2600+ bp)

it was a glitch. Folks were even laughing about it when it “jumped” after it had closed 

97DDCCBC-4EB8-4939-9F95-12B716A1479C.png

What happen to the sale?  It's no longer listed on HA or GPA?

On 8/14/2018 at 5:24 PM, G.A.tor said:

Heard they were going to offer again

no sale after all

Well, it didn't managed to fetch $26,400  lol, but I guess the consignor made the right move since it managed to fetch another $1,200 as it finished up at $4,320 on this go round here.  (thumbsu