• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC is over. Who Won?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, delekkerste said:

This was a very good San Diego Comic-Con in my opinion.  I felt that there was a lot more new material this time around (note: just because pieces showed up at the L.A. show the prior weekend doesn't mean it wasn't still fresh to most SDCC attendees a few days later!), certainly a lot more than last year which was very much the same-old, same-old.  Various dealers pulled out some new material for the show, and then Mitch had a lot of all-new consignments and Nick K brought hundreds of his pages to the show from his collection.  There were a couple of major collectors showing things privately; one had two twice-up Kirby covers for sale, while another had a lot of good Bronze/Copper stuff, including the DD #160 cover (which CLink bought to put in their August auction from what I was told), 

Sounds like my type of scene. hm

1 minute ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Sounds like my type of scene. hm

I still think of early '80s as Copper, but, technically it may be Bronze.  There was no late '80s or '90s drek.  And no ROM. lol 

4 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I still think of early '80s as Copper, but, technically it may be Bronze.  There was no late '80s or '90s drek.  And no ROM. lol 

Poor, ROM. :tonofbricks: 

I can still hope for Moon Knight though! :idea:

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Alex Ross had a fancy set-up larger than many Manhattan apartments.  How much does he sell to afford this kind of set-up???

(the photo below does not capture the full display, which was enormous - he is set up on BOTH sides of one of the aisle and neither side is fully displayed here)

Bill SIenkiewicz also had a fancy, gleaming white set-up (I think he and Ross are both repped by the same guy)

238297489_AlexRossbooth.thumb.jpg.f1ed85a35173dd5e7a2f766ce771af4e.jpg

Saw the Ross booth a few times, but never made it to the Sienkewicze booth.  Those guys spent the money and had a slick presence for sure, and probably did well (though at least for the Ross booth and anecdotally, I didn't see LARGE numbers of people).  That said, the CONSTANT crush at the J Scott Campbell booth, and merchandise that was moving through it staggers the imagination.  He's a machine.

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

No ROM?  But what about this moderately priced duo?

If only this marvel comic was worth $2500... instead of $25,000...

20180721_155144.jpg

Edited by Flambit

Speaking of the DD 160: I don't know if this is the truth, or just a story I was told, but one of the main guys at the CL booth told me the cover was NOT going to be for sale.  Just fyi - 2 cents and all that.  

8 minutes ago, Flambit said:

Speaking of the DD 160: I don't know if this is the truth, or just a story I was told, but one of the main guys at the CL booth told me the cover was NOT going to be for sale.  Just fyi - 2 cents and all that.  

I was told it is not for sale:  for his personal collection

18 minutes ago, spider9698 said:

I was told it is not for sale:  for his personal collection

You're right, there was no auction tag on that one. I just assumed that it was in the auction given that everything else in the display case was. :frown:

35 minutes ago, Flambit said:

No ROM?  But what about this moderately priced duo?

If only this marvel comic was worth $2500... instead of $25,000...

20180721_155144.jpg

No ROM for sale by the guy who sold the DD 160 cover. :gossip:

1 minute ago, Panelfan1 said:

Not sure where you live - but it cost me around $1000 to attend this year.

Michigan. With plane tickets, lodging, food, etc., for 2-3 people (Id go with my family) it gets pretty damn pricey. Cost me almost 2 grand to go to C2E2 a couple of years ago, and I drove my car! 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

Anyone know what the Dark Victory #1 cover and Lee/Williams Batman 50 pinup sold for?

$10K for the DV #1

Dunno about the Lee/Williams, but the price was described to me as being very high

Edited by delekkerste