• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Beach Comic con / Los Angeles Sep 8-9th 2018

23 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Hey guys B|

Anybody going to the Long Beach Comic con / Los Angeles Sep 8-9th 2018 ?  CGC Will be in town!

http://longbeachcomiccon.com/

Best,

I will have two booths as usual- listed as 406. I will be bringing several thousand 10-12 cent DC and Gold Key issues for $1-5 as well as my usual assortment of priced, half off and graded. Hope to see some of you there. Ed

On 8/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, robocard said:

I will have two booths as usual- listed as 406. I will be bringing several thousand 10-12 cent DC and Gold Key issues for $1-5 as well as my usual assortment of priced, half off and graded. Hope to see some of you there. Ed

Cool. See you there!

11 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

they want $50 now for a saturday advance ticket. for a show with barely any real comic dealers, present company excluded of course, it hardly seems worth it now. always has been $35, and thats what sunday costs. annoying money grab imho. 

I agree! with little over a week left there isnt enough interesting talent yet for me to buy a ticket.

Yeah, really dim. Terry, Jamie Graham and Harley dropped out a couple years ago. Ed and Brad are GREAT dealers but $50. is a rippoff. Isn't that what Wizard charges for a show like Chicago? If I remember right, She had this show on Labor Day Weekend last year same weekend as a show in the bay area. A real shame. It used to be a decent show...

I am anticipating a slow show this year; however, if anyone shows up, I am blowing out three boxes of graded books at 1/3 off and another two lower value (including a bunch of Walking Dead) at Buy 2 get 2 free.

I will also have 16 long boxes of mostly 1950s to 70s books of all types and genres at $1-5 each. Lots of Superman and related titles stating at 10 cent cover prices. Also lots of My Greatest Adventure, Strange Adventures, Space Family Robinson (Lost in Space), Star Trek (Gold Key) and many others.

Ed

Please help out Ed. He’s about the last dealer standing. Contrary to the LB Con’s exhibitor list, Harley and Brad (F-VF) are not going to be there. They are going to Rose City instead. No Terry either. Have fun Pablo it’s just you and probably David Arnold.  I’m passing on this one. And Martha will be getting an email from me...

Edited by Robot Man

Thanks Bob. 

I decided to also bring 7 short boxes of Graphic Novels/Trades that are priced at 1/2 off sales and, in most cases, well more than 50% off the original cover price.

Let's try this; for all of my raw books, including the above, 20% off for any Board Members. Just let me know your board handle so I can keep track of who you are. I do hope to see a few of you at the show. I have made the drive from Phoenix every year (and most years for the Expo as well) for the entire ten years. If you have dealt with me, you know I try my best to sell my books. There is no benefit to driving back with a full van after a show so help me out. :foryou:

You probably won't see many of us. $50 + $15. Parking for basically no vintage comic dealers is highway robbery. Heck, that's what the Wizard Chicago cost. What do you get for this show is hardly any comic dealers or guests. But if you're into cosplay and wrestlers, this might be a winner.

I've been to every one of her shows but I'm out on this money grab. Have fun. I would love to be there but I'm not going to this one!  :sorry:

If you do go though, do yourself a favor and go see Ed Robertson. He will probably have the best stuff at the best prices and is one heck of a great dealer!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

You probably won't see many of us. $50 + $15. Parking for basically no vintage comic dealers is highway robbery. Heck, that's what the Wizard Chicago cost. What do you get for this show is hardly any comic dealers or guests. But if you're into cosplay and wrestlers, this might be a winner.

I've been to every one of her shows but I'm out on this money grab. Have fun. I would love to be there but I'm not going to this one!  :sorry:

If you do go though, do yourself a favor and go see Ed Robertson. He will probably have the best stuff at the best prices and is one heck of a great dealer!

Yep I usually see Ed and Brad whenever I'm at Long Beach. Best dealers there for vintage comics with best prices for sure. 

Wow I didnt know prices cost that much! Definitely highway robbery. Glad I'm getting in free :bigsmile:

I got back a few hours ago.  Harley does have a booth -- Jason was running it.  His set up is a corner booth -- about what he has at Terry's show.  Jason said Harley is at Rose City, with a small corner booth.

I dropped some books at CGC and checked Ed's stuff.  Didn't find anything I wanted, but Harley (or is that Jason) had some decent stuff and I picked a few things.  I am so glad I walked the entire floor, or I might have missed this buying opportunity.

Parking for me was $ 6 (for 6 hours) at the parking garage.  Lunch at Smokehouse Q -- and college football on most TV screens. :whee:My ticket cost $ 40, but I purchased it a month ago.

Yes, this Con has dropped off from 5 years ago, but I was not expecting anything and I came away pleasantly surprised.  Weather was not too hot either.

i bailed on long beach and actually went to portland for the rose city con yesterday, and it was amazing! more dealers there than usual i was told. terry, harley, brad, phil, jeff itkin, ken dyber, dave and adams, and quite a few others! i stupidly didnt take any pics there. a good crowd but no stupid lines to get in either. i love portland, and this is really a killer show. all genres of books appeared represented there, and the ticket was cheaper than long beach too. i recommend all boardies check out this show next year. 

18 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i bailed on long beach and actually went to portland for the rose city con yesterday, and it was amazing! more dealers there than usual i was told. terry, harley, brad, phil, jeff itkin, ken dyber, dave and adams, and quite a few others! i stupidly didnt take any pics there. a good crowd but no stupid lines to get in either. i love portland, and this is really a killer show. all genres of books appeared represented there, and the ticket was cheaper than long beach too. i recommend all boardies check out this show next year. 

Agreed, I also bailed on Long Beach to attend Rose City Comic Con in Portland and wasn't disappointed, great crowd, awesome guests (unlike LBCC this year) including Starlin, Bagley, Bendis, Mignola, Crain, etc.