• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Beach Comic con / Los Angeles Sep 8-9th 2018

23 posts in this topic

I attended the show on Saturday. Was very disappointed,  barely any GA or SA books, only a few comic dealers that showed up. Sadly, didnt buy anything comic bookwise.

Was nice talking to Ed and Cal though in great lengths. Might be the last time I'm attending sad to say.

I always enjoy our conversations and catching up.

While I understand that Long Beach and my inventory are not for everyone, there were plenty of comic buyers and my sales were excellent this year. I would love to have the inventory that I had a few years ago; however, the ability to acquire large groups of SA & GA and/or big keys is much more challenging than ever as most dealers will attest to. Fortunately, there are alternatives for the California buyers. Perhaps I will be able to pick up a nice collection before the LB Expo next February. 

Thanks to those who came and bought this year. Hope to see you in February.

Ed

20 hours ago, robocard said:

I always enjoy our conversations and catching up.

While I understand that Long Beach and my inventory are not for everyone, there were plenty of comic buyers and my sales were excellent this year. I would love to have the inventory that I had a few years ago; however, the ability to acquire large groups of SA & GA and/or big keys is much more challenging than ever as most dealers will attest to. Fortunately, there are alternatives for the California buyers. Perhaps I will be able to pick up a nice collection before the LB Expo next February. 

Thanks to those who came and bought this year. Hope to see you in February.

Ed

Glad you had a good show Ed. Sorry I missed you. Looks maybe you had the comic book buying market cornered. I just couldn't justify it this time.