• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Ultimately it's just one of 'those' things tbh.

The one person doing the buying has probably had the score of his/her life, like you say though, it's not like you haven't picked up stuff in the past similar, I know I have, anyone collecting/dealing for a while has.

All it needed was one other person with a fair idea of true value to be present and the prices would have been completely different.

Indeed even if I'd seen it in time it's not like I would have been the buyer at the hammer prices anyway as I would have been up against the person who did ultimately get them.

So yeah, wishful thinking...

I would have gone very hard on some of the lots though, leaving MM and YM aside for a moment there are some other lots that really are incredible. With no chance any of them were facsimiles either.

Ultimately it's just one of 'those' things tbh.

The one person doing the buying has probably had the score of his/her life, like you say though, it's not like you haven't picked up stuff in the past similar, I know I have, anyone collecting/dealing for a while has.

All it needed was one other person with a fair idea of true value to be present and the prices would have been completely different.

Indeed even if I'd seen it in time it's not like I would have been the buyer at the hammer prices anyway as I would have been up against the person who did ultimately get them.

So yeah, wishful thinking...

I would have gone very hard on some of the lots though, leaving MM and YM aside for a moment there are some other lots that really are incredible. With no chance any of them were facsimiles either.

True enough. It's so weird--I had never even heard of this place and I've been scouring the internets for UK comics for a couple decades now. What a bummer!

I've bought Miracle Man 1 - 16, the Alan Moore issues from Eclipse. I have just bought the Miracle Man 3-D issue. How doe the 3-D issue fit chronologically? Do I read 1 - 16, then the 3D or …?

Thanks in advance

Chronologically, the 3D issue sits between issues 3 and 4.

Now where the heck are the rest of the Gaiman issues? (shrug)

I've bought Miracle Man 1 - 16, the Alan Moore issues from Eclipse. I have just bought the Miracle Man 3-D issue. How doe the 3-D issue fit chronologically? Do I read 1 - 16, then the 3D or …?

Thanks in advance

Chronologically, the 3D issue sits between issues 3 and 4.

Now where the heck are the rest of the Gaiman issues? (shrug)

Will see how I enjoy the first 16 issues and proceed accordingly.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

Marvelman and Young Marvelman both #27 on eBay at the minute.

Don't look like facsimiles to me.

They're both the real deal.

The YM 27 went for £104 - I was the under-bidder :cry:

but really should've gone higher

Anyway, had some good dialogue with the seller, he says he's had them both for 20+ years

We've discussed the MM no.26 story in detail

So we have three MM no.26 copies - 1. Greedy seller, 2. the one Derek bought, 3. the one from the auction none of us saw!

He's under the impression that MM 27 has only 2 copies in existence?

On 2/17/2017 at 9:33 PM, chasehasadog82 said:

This may not be the place for it but here it is. I'm not interested in selling anything but I would be up for trading or buying. 

Items I'm Looking For:
Eclipse Apocrypha Flyer
Eclipse Silver Age Flyer
Quality KIMOTA T-Shirt

Items I Have Doubles Of or Am Willing to Trade:
Pog
Eclipse Pin
Eclipse Golden Age Poster
Eclipse Golden Age Coin
Eclipse 'On Sale Here' Poster
Eclipse Extra #61 #83 #88
Fantasy Express #5

Please contact me if you're interested. Thanks

I think you're not supposed to put this here, but in the WTT boards. Or something.

It appears there isn't much interest in the rereleased series, but here's news for anyone that is.  Looks like Marvel has posted new release dates for Miracleman: the Silver age #1 and 2.  25 April 2017 and 30 November 2017.  Issue #3 still has the old date of March 2017 posted.  http://marvel.com/comics/issue/58527/miracleman_by_gaiman_buckingham_the_silver_age_2017_1

Looks like Marvel has removed all references to the upcoming Silver Age series, so maybe we'll never get to see the end?  But Midtown Comics has the first issue listed for a week earlier than originally listed, now on the 19th of this month.  http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Miracleman+By+Gaiman+%26+Bu_1507893

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

If anyone is interested in a high grade copper MM set, let me know.

thinking about selling in the forum but wanted to drop a line to fellow fans first. 

I have had at least 15 complete sets in the last 5 years. This is the nicest.

1-24, 3D, Apocrypha, Total Eclipse and even the new annual. I may have missed someone will get a complete inventory.  All will be 9.6 or 9.8

Let me know if any interest before I run a sale.

I posed the question a couple of years ago of whether Marvel's reprinting Miracleman #15 would hurt the value of that book, and I believed it wouldn't hurt it that  much. But, here I am, holding a copy of #15 in my hands that I paid less than $50 for from a BIN off of eBay, granted VF condition. I understand that over the years the book has been proven to have a higher print run than originally believed in the heyday of it being a mega $ modern key, can we expect this to go even lower? Or is this just a temporary lull? Either way, I'm extremely glad to have been able to get a decent copy of this for a relatively good price, a book that I considered a pipe dream in my early collecting days 20 years ago or so.

59a60904d5a8a_IMG_17691.thumb.JPG.c7ee0d4fc8b849e74448f780608fa0fe.JPGHi Miracleman fans. I have a completed raw run very high grade. The best of 15 sets I've had over the years. Also come with miracle extras. Most of his appearances. 

I have had 4 #15's in CGC 9.8. 2 regular and 2 of the color variant. CGC does not distinguish. This one looks 9.8 to me

i need some cash so if anyone is interested please pm me.

IMG_1764[1].JPG

IMG_1765[1].JPG

IMG_1767[1].JPG

IMG_1768[1].JPG

IMG_1770[1].JPG

Edited by faster friends

So for #15, do people distinguish between the normal issue and the color printing error? It does not bother me and there are 9.8’s of the printing error on eBay all the time.

yet it seems many people still do not know of this error. There have been 2 people on the boards recently ask about my last set but were hesitant by the #15 being the printing error.

Is this an issue for high grade collectors?