• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Brock said:

For starters:

M9.PNG.c8bc771e7881d3e0579e89ca77c03350.PNG

Ah, thanks lol that will do it!

Any issues I should look for? I see #15 on this page being discussed. It looked to have the early issues at HPB.... I'd assume #1 is something to look for, but I don't think they had that issue :( 

1 hour ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I always assumed the lighter color version was late in the printing run or just a sun faded copy.

Definitely not sunfaded. I’m sure the print run ran out of ink as I have seen so many like this. I have had at least 5 myself and there are many 9.8’s on eBay.

just curious if it is an issue for potential buyers. Cgc does not distinguish but I have had questions about it from potential buyers.

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Any issues I should look for? I see #15 on this page being discussed. It looked to have the early issues at HPB.... I'd assume #1 is something to look for, but I don't think they had that issue :( 

#15 is the big one... The early issues are actually pretty common, but later issues were all over the map in terms of print run and distribution, and can be tougher to find. Some of the early TPBs/HCs are pricey.

These books seem to be in a bit of a slump at the moment, but they're a great read, and possible a good long-term bet. 

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

#20 and up in high grade, especially #23 & #24.

Edited by ygogolak

15 has always been the "king" (apart from the #1 Gold/Blue signed copies and the legendary 3D-2D version).   As others have said, 23 & 24 are pretty tough books (for Copper Age). 

1-10 are pretty common and cheap. 

7 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

15 has always been the "king" (apart from the #1 Gold/Blue signed copies and the legendary 3D-2D version).   As others have said, 23 & 24 are pretty tough books (for Copper Age). 

1-10 are pretty common and cheap. 

I have a copy of the 3d version, was always curious how you could tell if it was the 2d version? Any hints? lol

It should probably be obvious but I'm a little dense on the subject...I bought it from a LCS so I'm probably grasping at straws 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have a copy of the 3d version, was always curious how you could tell if it was the 2d version? Any hints? lol

It should probably be obvious but I'm a little dense on the subject...I bought it from a LCS so I'm probably grasping at straws 

Open it up and if the book has the "3D effect", you have the 3D version.  If it doesn't, you have the 2D version. 

7 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Open it up and if the book has the "3D effect", you have the 3D version.  If it doesn't, you have the 2D version. 

Oh snap it's on the inside, boy I feel sheepish loli was looking at the cover hahaha no wonder :kidaround: