• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Birth issue - no, but I almost certainly would have bought it. There's only 2 in 9.8. How much did it sell for?

p.s. got the three 9.8s I bought through the post yesterday.

The no. 17 looks completely flawless even to the micro-scopic level (and I know what 9.8's are like). However, the CGC case is seems slightly warped.

The no. 15 is nearly as good but honestly other than the absence of a tiny printing smear near the upper staple it's not at all different from my 9.6 - which I bought 3 years ago. Irritating, again the CGC presentation has flaws - the top label is printed badly.

The no.20 is perfect, but AGAIN the CGC case has defects - things that really kind of spoil them - there's 'flakes' inside (inside the inner well) and the seal has come loose on on side. BTW the packaging was adequate so I don't think this happened in transit.

So overall, the books are excellent but the CGC presentation a little disssapointing. Don't get me wrong I love CGC books and respect their grading - but these little 'presentation' errors are irritating.

Still, just also bought a no. 16 in 9.6. smile.gifThere's no 9.8's to date!

no.23 - you're right, definitely - no.23 is very difficult in super-high grade. It's that purple cover and the fact that a lot of issues had printing defects such as siamese pages and inner over-hang. So good buy! smile.gif

No. 23 and no.24 are well under-priced in OS and Wizard - and if The Silver Age is ever completed will jump massively in price.

Anyway, these are the grades to date -

Miracleman 1 174 graded, 19 in 9.8

Miracleman 2 58 graded, 29 in 9.8

Miracleman 3 43 graded, 13 in 9.8

Miracleman 4 36 graded, 7 in 9.8

Miracleman 5 16 graded, 5 in 9.8

Miracleman 6 11 graded, 2 in 9.8

Miracleman 7 9 graded, 1 in 9.8

Miracleman 8 7 graded, 2 in 9.6

Miracleman 9 16 graded, 2 in 9.8

Miracleman 10 9 graded, 1 in 9.6

Miracleman 11 11 graded, 2 in 9.8

Miracleman 12 24 graded, 4 in 9.8

Miracleman 13 36 graded, 5 in 9.8

Miracleman 14 38 graded, 1 in 9.8

Miracleman 15 180 graded, 12 in 9.8

Miracleman 16 25 graded, 5 in 9.6

Miracleman 17 13 graded, 2 in 9.8

Miracleman 18 2 graded, 1 in 9.0

Miracleman 19 4 graded, 1 in 9.8

Miracleman 20 8 graded, 3 in 9.8

Miracleman 21 3 graded, 1 in 9.4

Miracleman 22 9 graded, 1 in 9.8

Miracleman 23 6 graded, 3 in 9.4

Miracleman 24 22 graded, 1 in 9.8

this title/series is already labeled as a "classic/must have one" and therefore will keep on a high note for some time...and even if there are some reprintings in the near future i doubt that it will bring the price down (there's always a lot of people looking for this stories).

regards

I can remember back after issues 23 and 24 came out that the price on No. 15, along with Grendel 40, were very high and all the retailers at all the conventions I ever attended said it was short-printed. That's been seven or eight years ago and the prices are still pretty stable on these issues. But, only four years ago, I was buying Miracleman 1-14, 16-24 for $3-$5 a piece and got my NM+ copy of 15 for $15. Because I had trouble filling in the No. 16, I did pay $162 for the trade paperback for Olympus, but I don't regret that. I read it immediately and still have that trade paperback on my shelf at home. Good stuff that Miracleman series.

One retailer, when 15 was really super hot, said he had a lot of them and they were only like $3 each. So, I drove two hours to find his shop only to get there and find he had a stack of Mister Miracle 15. Arrrgh! But, I did find NM copies of 23 and several of the earlier issues for only $3 each.

If you're an MM collector, the toughest issues to find are the Non-3-D, 3-D issue and the Miracleman Gold and Blue No. 1. Not the gold issues offered on eBay for exorbitant prices. I'm talking about the real Gold (400 signed and numbered by Alan Moore, Cat Yronwode and Dean Mullaney) and Blue (600 and signed by Cat and Dean, but not numbered), the ones with the yellow and blue cards. I've still only seen one of the Non-3-d 3-D editions and it sold for something like $400.

I'd probably gladly pay that today if I could find one because that would make my MM collection complete.

Birth issue - no, but I almost certainly would have bought it. There's only 2 in 9.8. How much did it sell for?

Hey. If I remember correctly it went for a little over $150. Decent money for a $5 raw book.

BTW, I'm just reading through this series from start to finish for the first time right now and I'm loving it (not that I ever doubted I would).

Chris, you know Gary Platt has a Miracleman 15 CGC 9.6... are you interested?

Does he? Was this yours? I bought my #15 (raw) from him, maybe I'll trade up in B'more. Any idea what he's asking? Do you know what books he's interested in so's I can make a trade? PM me if you do. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

btw: Anyone here have any idea what a Warrior #1 mag would go for in VF? Or in NM- or whatever? I found a copy -- but I couldn't get an idea on price...

I'd say $10-15 give or take. I think I got mine for about $5, and would call it VF-. confused-smiley-013.gif

Way undervalued IMO. A true quality series. thumbsup2.gif

You can still buy Warrior issues direct from the publisher for between £5 and £15 a copy - see here -

Quality site

However, getting really high-grade copies is very difficult (i.e. above 9.0) - most are in the FN / VF range. But it's an excellent series and the birth of our said character of course.

Even rarer are the three UK Marvel issues -

Marvel Super Heroes 387 & 388

Daredevils 7

which all featured pre-Miracleman appearances of Miracleman - in name and body! 893whatthe.gif

Does he? Was this yours? I bought my #15 (raw) from him, maybe I'll trade up in B'more. Any idea what he's asking? Do you know what books he's interested in so's I can make a trade? PM me if you do. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There's a MM no.15 in CGC 9.8 on ebay now with a BIN of just $299 - looks like a good seller too. I think that's a very reasonable price and would buy it myself if I hadn't just bought one from someone else (for $450!)

MM no.15 CGC 9.8

p.s. my mid-grade run of MM 1-24 sold for £112 / $260 - not too bad...

There's a MM no.15 in CGC 9.8 on ebay now with a BIN of just $299 - looks like a good seller too. I think that's a very reasonable price and would buy it myself if I hadn't just bought one from someone else (for $450!)

MM no.15 CGC 9.8

Thanks for the head's up, Ewan. No money for that right now though. Saving for art. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

btw: Anyone here have any idea what a Warrior #1 mag would go for in VF? Or in NM- or whatever? I found a copy -- but I couldn't get an idea on price...

I'd say $10-15 give or take. I think I got mine for about $5, and would call it VF-. confused-smiley-013.gif

Way undervalued IMO. A true quality series. thumbsup2.gif

i agree...mostly because i have three or four issues

MM no.15 CGC 9.8

Thanks for the head's up, Ewan. No money for that right now though. Saving for art. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally agree with you on that. I would rather have the original art. - Keith

Only problem is that there seems to be an absolute ton of high grade copies out there with 180 copies showing up on the CGC census with a good number of these 9.4 and higher. The scarce notation in the OS guide for this book is totally misleading and should really be deleted.

Any idea what the GPA numbers are for this book?