• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dell UK Price Variants
3 3

271 posts in this topic

Evening :)

Those in the know of the all knowing knowledge will know that Dells sometimes have different back covers, and front cover dressings.

One such example is that of our Nelson. That's Ricky, by the way, not the one who doesn't know how to label a subsequent printing of a first appearance. Behold below two US of A 15c copies, one with a competition banner and one conspicuously without:

banner.thumb.jpg.2a49881830b65d9dd5b0cf4b62e973a2.jpgnobanner.thumb.jpg.987054be9ae90092ff99fea9a17f3256.jpg

Hong Kong Phoo-ey! Never met the Nelson guy. 

Or did he...? hm

Now, those in the full knowing knowledge of the full knowing data will know that a UK Price Variant one shilling copy exists for Ricky, or Fork Holler #1192 as he is sometimes known. Given that the competition (PRIZES - PRIZES - PRIZES!) wouldn't have been open to the denizens of Englandville, or would at least have probably expired by the time they got their mitts on a copy, it's clear to see why they chose the competition banner free version to add the shilling price to:

FourColor1192RickyNelson(June-Aug1961)1-.thumb.jpg.a84c6ba97158365dc7f516559043be8d.jpg

Oh.

Anyway, it looks very nice that shilling price, being the same colour (with a u) as the background colouring (also with a u) on that FC (without a u. And k, thankfully). It's almost like it was meant to be there.

In the meantime, the hunt for a banner free you kay pee vee goes on. 

Here endeth the usual nonsense cloaked learning point. 

See you next time :)

On 11/25/2023 at 9:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Evening :)

Those in the know of the all knowing knowledge will know that Dells sometimes have different back covers, and front cover dressings.

One such example is that of our Nelson. That's Ricky, by the way, not the one who doesn't know how to label a subsequent printing of a first appearance. Behold below two US of A 15c copies, one with a competition banner and one conspicuously without:

banner.thumb.jpg.2a49881830b65d9dd5b0cf4b62e973a2.jpgnobanner.thumb.jpg.987054be9ae90092ff99fea9a17f3256.jpg

Hong Kong Phoo-ey! Never met the Nelson guy. 

Or did he...? hm

On one hand, the obligatory video any time Hong Kong Phooey gets mentioned.  I sometimes think my ultimate purpose on these boards is to post this in as many threads as possible:

On the other hand, may I once again have permission to add your image of the UK variant to the Grand Comics Database?

And on the gripping hand, allow me to reiterate just how much I enjoy your posts detailing UK variants, even if I don't always have a comment to add.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:00 PM, OtherEric said:

On one hand, the obligatory video any time Hong Kong Phooey gets mentioned.  I sometimes think my ultimate purpose on these boards is to post this in as many threads as possible:

That's handy.

On the other hand, may I once again have permission to add your image of the UK variant to the Grand Comics Database?

Oui oui. And ditto the future, to save you asking.

And on the gripping hand, allow me to reiterate just how much I enjoy your posts detailing UK variants, even if I don't always have a comment to add.

Thank Bod for you, Eric. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune have been keeping me at bay for a bit, but I can always rely on a warm welcome back from you my online friend :)

I'm off to enjoy the return of another old friend now. I'm sure you know Who....

On 11/25/2023 at 6:20 PM, OtherEric said:

You're not making any sense.  Do you need the Doctor?

I try very hard to avoid making cents, Eric...

tom-baker-smiling.gif.f116d974caedb4b658cbbec399a4f80b.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/nov/25/tv-tonight-david-tennant-and-catherine-tate-finally-reunite-in-the-tardis

On the 23rd November 1963 I was sitting in a terraced house watching my grandparents rented black and white television. The sport and the news had just finished. I think previously on Saturdays we had watched the Lone Arranger. On this particular day a new series began that I only realised was a science fiction show halfway through. The electronic music was especially memorable and I didn't miss an episode for the next 10 years.

BugsBunny74(August-September1960)9d.thumb.jpg.095de56402c48c56132eed12a51625ae.jpg

Capture.PNG.3003c99ccf11186b60b88f495afbfdff.PNG
"Hello. Is that Marwood Towers? It is. Great. Could you tell me how many You Kay Pee Vees are left for me to collect please, before I have the full set of 223?" 

Capture(2).PNG.c96dd19a2919ceeb8137c63eb88854bb.PNG
"Certainly Sir, one moment. OK, that would be quite a few, still"

Capture.PNG.3003c99ccf11186b60b88f495afbfdff.PNG
"Fair enough. I'll keep at it then. Thank you"