• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
2 2

159 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.  I recently got out of the hospital and started selling to pay off medical bills.  I sold an Eternals 1 on May 1st, the buyer filed a paypal claim for item not as described on July 15th, paypal refunded him, he sent the book to my old address and got the book back.  He now has my book and refund.  PayPal won't do anything about it and he won't return any of,my emails.  I am asking for everyones help in bombarding this fraudster and exposing him so that he doesnt do this to anyone else.  Thank you 

Edited by hobbyguy
Typo

So he bought an Eternals #1 from you on May 1st and then sold an Eternals #1 and #2 together on May 12th.

I'm assuming you were in the hospital when this return procedure took place. Did PayPal even listen to your side of the story, or were they more like what's done is done? Contacting eBay directly may help if the book was redirected back to the buyer after the first return. Perhaps eBay could ask the buyer to attempt the return again.

It is odd that the buyer took 2 months to file a claim.

Edited by DeadOne
fixed link... hopefully

Not keeping your return address updated is like not keeping your life insurance beneficiary updated. Your ex-wife could end up with it. 

Lesson learned for all sellers:  check your return address in eBay AND PayPal. I know my eBay return address does not default to my seller's retun address I print on the labels but rather my residence while PayPal does return to my shipping label return address.

20 hours ago, hobbyguy said:

Wow, I thought this community would help.  Looks like I'm wrong.  Thanks anyway

Your request is rather confusing since...

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, hobbyguy said:

Hey everyone.  I recently got out of the hospital and started selling to pay off medical bills.  I sold an Eternals 1 on May 1st, the buyer filed a paypal claim for item not as described on July 15th, paypal refunded him, he sent the book to my old address and got the book back.  He now has my book and refund.  PayPal won't do anything about it and he won't return any of,my emails.  I am asking for everyones help in bombarding this fraudster and exposing him so that he doesnt do this to anyone else.  Thank you 

1. Keeping your address up to date is your responsibility.

2. "Bombarding" meaning what exactly?  Are we supposed to write angry letters on your behalf?  Buy his eBay merch and initiate fake returns (which is a crime, with conspiracy thrown on top since "everyone" was requested to join in)? 

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Your request is rather confusing since...

1. Keeping your address up to date is your responsibility.

2. "Bombarding" meaning what exactly?  Are we supposed to write angry letters on your behalf?  Buy his eBay merch and initiate fake returns (which is a crime, with conspiracy thrown on top since "everyone" was requested to join in)? 

I hope you get scammed by this insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I never asked ANYONE to initiate fake returns, that's all on you.  I posted this thread to raise awareness of this scammer.  I've seen other board members who have come across scammers help the victim of the scam in other threads by sending the scammers messages why he did this.  I was hoping that boardies would scare him into changing his ways. And you think the scammer keeping my book and the refund is not a crime? Makes me wonder if you agree with his tactics.  That's all I wanted. 

Edited by hobbyguy
Typo

But what if he genuinely felt the item was not as described? He returned it as he was supposed to using the address you supplied. If your correspondence with him was anything like your posts in this thread I’m not surprised he hasn’t returned your messages.

So you think him keeping the book and the refund is ethical and lawful?  The right thing to do was to resend the book back to me, but he knows the system and is trying to get away with keeping the book and my money

Edited by hobbyguy

I emailed it to him, PayPal sent him a courtesy letter for him to resend.  But he doesn't respond.  He actually reported my email to eBay as harassment for requesting him to send the book back.  Total scammer and knows how to work the system

35 minutes ago, hobbyguy said:

I emailed it to him, PayPal sent him a courtesy letter for him to resend.  But he doesn't respond.  He actually reported my email to eBay as harassment for requesting him to send the book back.  Total scammer and knows how to work the system

Maybe he's in the hospital and doesn't have access to his email?

You are calling this person a scammer as if he know that the return address was incorrect and decided, "hey I know what I'll do...I'll put in a claim to get my money back, send the book back to the old address only to have the book returned to me so I can keep it"  

3 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Maybe he's in the hospital and doesn't have access to his email?

You are calling this person a scammer as if he know that the return address was incorrect and decided, "hey I know what I'll do...I'll put in a claim to get my money back, send the book back to the old address only to have the book returned to me so I can keep it"  

These are the facts:

Fen_vivia purchased a Raw ETERNALS #1 from us on May 1st

On July 15th he filed a not as described claim with PayPal because he sent the book to CGC and it supposedly had a popped  staple.

He reqested a 80.00 refund and for him to keep the book.

I said no thank you, just return the book for a full refund.

He got upset because he would lose out on CGC grading fees

I advanced the dispute to a claim with PayPal so that I could get my book back and to get the hold off my paypal account.  

He sent the book to our p.o. box which we closed out last month but paypal still had that address in their system.

The book was returned  back to him.

I emailed him asking him to resend it back to us with the correct address on both the paypal and eBay site

PayPal refunds him in full

He doesnt respond to 3 emails requesting that he return the book back to us and I would pay for the return shipping

I appealed the case with PayPal.

PayPal states that since he sent the book we lose the appeal

PayPal agrees to send him a letter asking him to resend the book to our correct address.

He doesnt respond

I send him another request through eBay which he doesnt respond to, eBay sends us an email stating the the buyer complained about us harassing him.

I file and IC3 federal fraud claim and contact the Hayward CA DA office reporting the mail fraud incident

I was advised to file a civil action fraud lawsuit which I will next week

I warned the CGC community about this scammer

These are the facts.