• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
2 2

159 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hobbyguy said:

I relisted the book by accident.  I am ending the auction.  And the buyer still has not responded to any emails.

And you let the listing run for 6 more days? (shrug)

I think that’s pretty shady personally speaking. I’d be pretty disappointed if I were bidding on the item to have it pulled at the last minute. I’d think you didn’t get the amount you were hoping for, and wasted my, and others time. Most likely I’d avoid any of your future auctions.  2c

3 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I think that’s pretty shady personally speaking. I’d be pretty disappointed if I were bidding on the item to have it pulled at the last minute. I’d think you didn’t get the amount you were hoping for, and wasted my, and others time. Most likely I’d avoid any of your future auctions.  2c

Listen, you don't know my medical condition and my track record speaks for itself.  There was Nothing shady or malicious done on our end.  We relisted 200 items and that listing wasn't noticed until it was pointed out.  How dare you accuse us of trying to mislead our customers. Your ignorance is what needs to be examined, not my character.

1 minute ago, hobbyguy said:

Listen, you don't know my medical condition and my track record speaks for itself.  There was Nothing shady or malicious done on our end.  We relisted 200 items and that listing wasn't noticed until it was pointed out.  How dare you accuse us of trying to mislead our customers. Your ignorance is what needs to be examined, not my character.

I told you how I would feel if I were a bidder, just some advice... But thanks for the calling me ignorant. (thumbsu

My ignorant mind thinks with all the harsh words your dishing out, is doing more harm than good for your business. 

And im sorry about your situation, but this thread is not helping you. :sorry:

2 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

What exactly is the Hill Top Pedigree?  If it is not recognized by CGC or CBCS, who recognizes it? 

The fool on the hill?

Nothing malicious here, just joshin'!

52 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Interesting--- I don't think it would take me that deep of a investment in terms of seeing how the person operates-- I mean, the listing itself is an enormously huge red flag-- presented here for historical reference (who talks to anyone like this in a sales ad?):

Spoiler

Check out all our current auctions and store listings. Many beautiful uncirculated high grade keys!!!!

WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THIRD PARTY GRADING COMPANY GRADES WILL MATCH OUR GRADES....PERIOD.

YOUR COMIC COULD GRADE LOWER IF SENT IN TO CGC OR CBCS .......OR IT COULD GRADE HIGHER.

EITHER WAY IT IS A RISK YOU ARE TAKING, 
IF YOU WANT OR NEED A CERTAIN GUARANTEED GRADE, MEANING SPECIALLY
WITH A BLUE GRADING COMPANY LABEL, PLEASE BUY ONE ALREADY GRADED.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY ....THE ONE AND ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE A GRADING COMPANY GRADED COMIC.

*****PAYMENT DUE WITHIN 48 HOURS OF AUCTIONS END.*****

"The Hilltop Pedigree Original Owner Estate Collection"
Beautiful Collection of 65,000 + High grade comics and collectibles that were purchased new and carefully bagged/boarded/ and stored away by the original owner. 

**NOTE** - THIS IS AN OFFICIAL PEDIGREE COLLECTION THAT WAS PURCHASED FROM A LIFETIME SINGLE OWNER, 
HOWEVER CGC AND CBCS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT AS ONE OF THEIR 
PEDIGREES**

There was a buyer who couldn't understand that pedigrees do exist even if not recognized by CGC, he left as a negative feedback.  It's people like this that making selling on ebay a bad experience.  We banned that buyer for life.
Thank goodness that 99.9% of our customers are intelligent and kind.

I do combine on shipping costs.
Returns are accepted as store credit.

yeah-- hard pass. But thanks for coming to the boards and announcing yourself

43 minutes ago, hobbyguy said:

Your ignorance is what needs to be examined, not my character.

This coming from the guy who originally started this thread trying to raise an internet posse to “bombard” someone who he felt wronged him (which is debatable with the return address debacle).

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
47 minutes ago, hobbyguy said:

Your ignorance is what needs to be examined, not my character.

This coming from the guy who originally started this thread trying to raise an internet posse to “bombard” someone who he felt wronged him (which is debatable with the return address debacle).

and then yelled at us for not rallying the troops fast enough because we had not joined in the crusade in the 2 or 3 hours since they posted the initial item. " Wow, I thought this community would help.  Looks like I'm wrong.  Thanks anyway "

On 7/24/2018 at 2:16 PM, hobbyguy said:

Hey everyone.  I recently got out of the hospital and started selling to pay off medical bills.  I sold an Eternals 1 on May 1st, the buyer filed a paypal claim for item not as described on July 15th, paypal refunded him, he sent the book to my old address and got the book back.  He now has my book and refund.  PayPal won't do anything about it and he won't return any of,my emails.  I am asking for everyones help in bombarding this fraudster and exposing him so that he doesnt do this to anyone else.  Thank you 

I'm just reading this thread now so I was able to see how the big picture played out. There's a lesson to be learned here about the Boards psychology. You posted expecting to raise the Boards ire and have your back. Didn't happen and you got angry about it. A couple observations about your first post. You were vague, didn't give much detail, and you gave us a directive on what we should do. The Boards don't like to be told what to do. You should have presented your case and let them decide. Your angry responses only mucked up the situation even more. In your first post, you didn't mention the popped staple, you didn't mention he sent it to CGC (which would explain the long wait to file a claim), and worst of all you didn't mention you had the wrong return address. I have to put myself in the other guy's shoes and maybe he's not the 'fraudster' you are claiming he is. Being out the grading fees and two return shipments would be difficult for many. Based on your attitude here, I can also understand the harassment claims. I'm sorry but I think you should walk away. I also don't understand why you simply didn't give the guy a partial refund, it happens all the time. (shrug)