• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
2 2

159 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Perhaps he forced the return through ebay?  Just a guess, though it wouldn't take much to convince me the whole thing's some failed swindle.

But if he forced it though ebay the OP would have been aware of? 

I had somewhat of a similar situation.

I bought a book (didnt do MY  due diligence ) missed something. asked for a return seller said no then HE filed a claim on ebay AGAINST me i appealed won and was willing to ship the book to the seller but ebay gave me my money and was told to keep the book. I asked if they took money away from the seller and they said no that ebay was paying for it.

so i don’t understand how this happened? 

9 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

I just kinda assumed maybe he did know and took exception to having to taking it back.  So here he is seeking revenge on the guy.  I may very well be misunderstanding the situation! lol

I think everyone is misunderstanding not just you. I also think it’s crazy that he thinks the boards would do anything on his behalf. Ive seen the members here do some research and destroy people and its not pretty!

I believe the OP said he was in the hospital during the return process and missed the 3-day window eBay gives a seller to respond.

I'd love to know the odds of a buyer initiating a return 2 months after receiving the item during the exact days that the seller is in the hospital and unresponsive to returns but still responsive to sales. They are probably astronomical. And if you factor in the buyer knowing that the seller had moved but neglected to change all of their eBay/PayPal business information at the same time... 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 7/29/2018 at 6:10 PM, thehumantorch said:

On an imaginary pedigree collection that's apparently only recognized as a pedigree collection by the seller.

Imaginary? But it has the official embossed gold pedigree seal of approval...

s-l1600.jpg.6feb2d381bbd6882daf0298be405e38c.jpg

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Imaginary? But it has the official embossed gold pedigree seal of approval...

s-l1600.jpg.6feb2d381bbd6882daf0298be405e38c.jpg

so true

18968401_pedigree_chopped_meaty_ground_d

and here is their superior dog food product - equally impressive!

The one thing that stands out to me when they were responding to our initial back and forth discussion is they would switch gears from this being about them personally and using the term "our" as if they were representing a company or something. It could mean the royal "we" I suppose but if this is more than a one person operation, how did any of this ever happen in the first place. For whatever reason, that use of the term "our" has been bugging me since the first time I read their posts.

You would think people would understand that the folks on this board are intelligent and highly observant-- very little escapes our collective eyes. Making any claims here that are not 100% truthful will always bite them on the arse.

5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

You would think people would understand that the folks on this board are intelligent and highly observant-- very little escapes our collective eyes. Making any claims here that are not 100% truthful will always bite them on the arse.

The FBI would do well to utilize the board's detecting abilities.  It has never failed to root out the truth.

2 hours ago, kav said:

The FBI would do well to utilize the board's detecting abilities.  It has never failed to root out the truth.

For real.  Reading it as a whole, it was hilarious to see the OP goad the board, rousing it to wakefulness to see to the heart of the matter, not what the OP intended.

Be careful what you wish for.

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

so true

and here is their superior dog food product - equally impressive!

The one thing that stands out to me when they were responding to our initial back and forth discussion is they would switch gears from this being about them personally and using the term "our" as if they were representing a company or something. It could mean the royal "we" I suppose but if this is more than a one person operation, how did any of this ever happen in the first place. For whatever reason, that use of the term "our" has been bugging me since the first time I read their posts.

Funny you should mention the term "our" as I noticed there are multiple Ebay sellers hawking comics from the Hilltop Pedigree collection, all with very similar looking titles and descriptions... hm

29 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Funny you should mention the term "our" as I noticed there are multiple Ebay sellers hawking comics from the Hilltop Pedigree collection, all with very similar looking titles and descriptions... hm

Got links?

Edited by aszumilo

38 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

The plot thickens.  Didn't muscleshark have a fake pedigree he was thumping on ebay?

29 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Got links?

Many auctions when searching Hilltop Pedigree but it looks like the main two besides the OP (harleypool) are nearmint67 (who actually mentions harleypool in the description of the listing) and rockstarbooks (from Canada, who looks to have a different COA format.

I found 29 results when I searched Hilltop Pedigree.  Like DeadOne, looks like there are only 3 sellers of this "pedigree".  One in Florida, one in Bradford, Ontario, and our very own OP.  Here are some links to an auction from each one.  Seems there was a lot of Eternals #1 in this "pedigree".

Seller - harleypool - Another Eternals #1?  Bottom right corner looks very suspicious on this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNALS-1-NM-9-2-WHITE-PGS-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-COLL-1976-BEAUTIFUL-COPY/263848653833?hash=item3d6e9af409%3Ag%3A0BQAAOSw1r5bX-9b&_sacat=0&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

image.png.8f639fc2bd50463cb4ea5635bfabb3bd.png

Seller - rockstarbooks - Eternals #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNALS-1-NM-9-6-WHITE-1st-Appearance-Eternals-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-JACK-KIRBY/401555580752?hash=item5d7e93e750%3Ag%3AQM0AAOSwBNtbAayg&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc

image.png.cef2426c5c9908f7e46671f4d291006d.png

Seller - nearmint67 - Orlando, Florida
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Gods-11-NM-9-4-1972-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-COLL-Last-Jack-Kirby-issue-Key/173441261493?epid=85417459&hash=item2861e79fb5%3Ag%3A3d8AAOSwUl5bHWP6&_sacat=0&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

image.png.9352fdea6a26d8286ef93fdf7ffb9ac3.png

Edited by aszumilo