• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
2 2

159 posts in this topic

1263293061_ScreenShot2018-08-01at1_43_03AM.png.222f9dd79d69d9ce298b4a476cfa43ef.png

Just found this on one of the OP's recent feedback section on eBay. This is completely unacceptable behaviour. Even if your book was a pedigree comic, there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason for this hostility. If someone treated me like this after purchasing one of their comics, I would return the book and never deal with them ever again. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

1263293061_ScreenShot2018-08-01at1_43_03AM.png.222f9dd79d69d9ce298b4a476cfa43ef.png

Just found this on one of the OP's recent feedback section on eBay. This is completely unacceptable behaviour. Even if your book was a pedigree comic, there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason for this hostility. If someone treated me like this after purchasing one of their comics, I would return the book and never deal with them ever again. 

That seems to be the growing consensus here.

9 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I found 29 results when I searched Hilltop Pedigree.  Like DeadOne, looks like there are only 3 sellers of this "pedigree".  One in Florida, one in Bradford, Ontario, and our very own OP.  Here are some links to an auction from each one.  Seems there was a lot of Eternals #1 in this "pedigree".

Seller - harleypool - Another Eternals #1?  Bottom right corner looks very suspicious on this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNALS-1-NM-9-2-WHITE-PGS-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-COLL-1976-BEAUTIFUL-COPY/263848653833?hash=item3d6e9af409%3Ag%3A0BQAAOSw1r5bX-9b&_sacat=0&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

image.png.8f639fc2bd50463cb4ea5635bfabb3bd.png

Seller - rockstarbooks - Eternals #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNALS-1-NM-9-6-WHITE-1st-Appearance-Eternals-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-JACK-KIRBY/401555580752?hash=item5d7e93e750%3Ag%3AQM0AAOSwBNtbAayg&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc

image.png.cef2426c5c9908f7e46671f4d291006d.png

Seller - nearmint67 - Orlando, Florida
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Gods-11-NM-9-4-1972-HILLTOP-PEDIGREE-COLL-Last-Jack-Kirby-issue-Key/173441261493?epid=85417459&hash=item2861e79fb5%3Ag%3A3d8AAOSwUl5bHWP6&_sacat=0&_nkw=hilltop+pedigree&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

image.png.9352fdea6a26d8286ef93fdf7ffb9ac3.png

Signature on the first two is close; the third looks different but might just be rushed. Perhaps the OP made different versions over time? Assuming those three different seller locations are legit (they do have different listing styles), it’s possible they are just folks who naively bought from the OP and are now selling the books, perhaps hoping to make some coin as opposed to some harleypool Hilltop cabal.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:59 AM, DeadOne said:

I believe the OP said he was in the hospital during the return process and missed the 3-day window eBay gives a seller to respond.

I'd love to know the odds of a buyer initiating a return 2 months after receiving the item during the exact days that the seller is in the hospital and unresponsive to returns but still responsive to sales. They are probably astronomical. And if you factor in the buyer knowing that the seller had moved but neglected to change all of their eBay/PayPal business information at the same time... 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The same odds an ebay buyer I had whose cat "accidentally" placed a bid on his iPad and then confirmed the bid with thier pesky paws....

32 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:
On 7/31/2018 at 10:59 AM, DeadOne said:

I believe the OP said he was in the hospital during the return process and missed the 3-day window eBay gives a seller to respond.

I'd love to know the odds of a buyer initiating a return 2 months after receiving the item during the exact days that the seller is in the hospital and unresponsive to returns but still responsive to sales. They are probably astronomical. And if you factor in the buyer knowing that the seller had moved but neglected to change all of their eBay/PayPal business information at the same time... 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The same odds an ebay buyer I had whose cat "accidentally" placed a bid on his iPad and then confirmed the bid with thier pesky paws....

th.jpg 

Can a Mod change the title of the thread? Doesn't seem fair to drag the dude's name around when it looks like the OP was at fault the whole time. Somehow managed to not read this thread until this morning, and it packed in a lot of Friday goodness!

10 hours ago, Skeptic_Kepp said:

It's one reason I joined these forums: to establish long-term relationships with reputable dealers. 

Smart move . There are so many great and reputable sellers I don't need any other venue.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:28 PM, oakman29 said:

Smart move . There are so many great and reputable sellers I don't need any other venue.

Plus Oak finds knife dealers here-

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I forgot about made up pedigree guy trying to raise a posse in here.  Solid meltdown, it was fun re-reading this one.

Looks like he’s still active on the boards too.

I feel like I just wasted 3 innings of the World series reading and absorbing this thread 😂