• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay user fen_vivia. Aka kenneth Cheung from San Fran Ca
2 2

159 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I forgot about made up pedigree guy trying to raise a posse in here.  Solid meltdown, it was fun re-reading this one.

Looks like he’s still active on the boards too.

This was the guy that claimed he got scammed by the Berkbridge Foundation. 

Linky-poo

and

Linky-poo-poo-pa-doo

Edited by Domo Arigato

7 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

This was the guy that claimed he got scammed by the Berkbridge Foundation. 

Linky-poo

and

Linky-poo-poo-pa-doo

Wonder if Berkbridge tried to keep all the double cover Hilltop Conan issues while OP was in the hospital having stuff shipped to the wrong address...

Gonna need another posse!

14 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

interior back cover has some damage on the spine above the top staple that the exterior wrap doesn't have.  that is confusing to me

20 minutes ago, Sal said:

interior back cover has some damage on the spine above the top staple that the exterior wrap doesn't have.  that is confusing to me

After seeing a ton of double covers, I know that the positioning of the artwork and the cut of each cover are usually identical to one another. 

On 10/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

If you're gonna make up a fake pedigree why not make up double covers....

Just found this classic thread - you must read from page one. The thread title is unfortunate (sorry Kenneth Cheung), but the thread is gold.

I bought a double cover Marvel Super Action 1 double cover from this seller. It was obviously married. Seller claimed he didn’t know what the term ‘married cover’ meant, but did refund me with no issues.

Later I noticed that many double covers appearing in my saved searches were from this seller. Many appeared to be married. Later still, I saw an auction from another seller: CGC Green label married double cover Eternals #1, advertised as, “from the hilltop pedigree”. I’m pretty sure the seller was just another victim.

The books still flow from the bottomless well of married double covers and made-up pedigrees. Buyer beware.

10 hours ago, wormboy said:

Just found this classic thread - you must read from page one. The thread title is unfortunate (sorry Kenneth Cheung), but the thread is gold.

I bought a double cover Marvel Super Action 1 double cover from this seller. It was obviously married. Seller claimed he didn’t know what the term ‘married cover’ meant, but did refund me with no issues.

Later I noticed that many double covers appearing in my saved searches were from this seller. Many appeared to be married. Later still, I saw an auction from another seller: CGC Green label married double cover Eternals #1, advertised as, “from the hilltop pedigree”. I’m pretty sure the seller was just another victim.

The books still flow from the bottomless well of married double covers and made-up pedigrees. Buyer beware.

This thread absolutely gets the Bania seal of approval.

Randy Quaid with the gold on Twitter | TigerDroppings.com

I'd still love to see the OP come hear to explain his made up pedigree and franken-double covers.

10 hours ago, wormboy said:

Ironically enough, it was an Eternals #1 that kicked off this entire fiasco.  The guy selling the green label really must not know what he's doing, because he should have raised some holy heck when CGC tagged the book as a fraud.  Unless he's in on the scam of course.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, slym2none said:

Thank you, I have now added this person to my blocked list as well.

-slym

I purchased a few books from them a few years back.....they were no where near the grade that they were listed at. I just direct messaged them to make them aware of the mistake. Little did I know....o.O

On 10/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

After seeing a ton of double covers, I know that the positioning of the artwork and the cut of each cover are usually identical to one another. 

I purchased a double cover from them a while back...….you guys have me wondering if I need to go back and examine that copy closer hm

1 minute ago, TrayKnight said:
On 10/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I purchased a double cover from them a while back...….you guys have me wondering if I need to go back and examine that copy closer hm

Let's see the book. :wishluck: