• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Canadians! Do you have a problem with US Border Patrol?
2 2

43 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

72 Dodge Demon :cloud9: Brador not so much.Did you ever try Molson Extra Old Stock?Similar,but I liked that one better.

Was the car orange?I'm picturing it orange.

I never tried the Molson.  Extra.  My Demon was red.  It's last ride took me and a hot date to a live band BYOB.  The frame broke on the way.  Talk about a loud noise in between me and her.  The muffler and gas tank dragged the whole way, taking her home.  She never went out with me again.  

I go cross over and back the U.S. border many times. I have been checked and searched a few times, had paid custom duty fees few times (Canadian side). That is in total of over 5 years since. The U.S. border often let me pass once I told them why I go for (most of times - gas and pick up parcels). The usual questions I get was what did I work, where I live or do I have something to bring into U.S.?

I find that as long I have my van kept emply with only the maintenance van toolbox in rear. They can see thru windows, then it is not a problem. I find if I told them I go on my holidays to a certain city like Seattle or whatever, they ask more questions. Not much but didn’t took much of my time. I always bring my documents with me on my comic book purchases or my comics to be signed or submitted (at Cons).

Again, I like to go cross the border late in nights or very early mornings as the line to U.S./Canada border is real light. At least 5-10 mins max in lineup. Quick and easy. It is the middays I avoid on both sides of border, way too much for me. 

Bottom line,..it is worth it. 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I go cross over and back the U.S. border many times. I have been checked and searched a few times, had paid custom duty fees few times (Canadian side). That is in total of over 5 years since. The U.S. border often let me pass once I told them why I go for (most of times - gas and pick up parcels). The usual questions I get was what did I work, where I live or do I have something to bring into U.S.?

I find that as long I have my van kept emply with only the maintenance van toolbox in rear. They can see thru windows, then it is not a problem. I find if I told them I go on my holidays to a certain city like Seattle or whatever, they ask more questions. Not much but didn’t took much of my time. I always bring my documents with me on my comic book purchases or my comics to be signed or submitted (at Cons).

Again, I like to go cross the border late in nights or very early mornings as the line to U.S./Canada border is real light. At least 5-10 mins max in lineup. Quick and easy. It is the middays I avoid on both sides of border, way too much for me. 

Bottom line,..it is worth it. 

Yes, it is!