• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a legit McFarlane Spawn drawing? Is there a definitive answer to this?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, romitaman said:

spawnmcfarlansketch.jpg

Mike.  It looks like a Spawn convention sketch he did on a backing board.  It's a pretty standard design (i've seen at least 3 similar ones on CAF), including one where Todd himself confirmed he drew and signed it.  

thanks for all the help everyone above.......Yes this is drawn on a white comic backing board... I was taking this in a small trade...it seems legit to me after the above discussion and pics so i'll do the trade.

Much appreciated.

Edited by romitaman

1 hour ago, SteppinRazor said:

The first A in McFarlane bothers me.  In the silver, you can see he doesn't lift his pen when making the crossbar on his A's.  I'm no handwriting expert though

The "E" also looks like it was made with 3 strokes rather than 2, as is clear in the verified signature.

1 hour ago, SteppinRazor said:

The first A in McFarlane bothers me.  In the silver, you can see he doesn't lift his pen when making the crossbar on his A's.  I'm no handwriting expert though

12 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The "E" also looks like it was made with 3 strokes rather than 2, as is clear in the verified signature.

To be honest with you two, the "FAR" in McFarlane are all bothering me... 

11 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

11 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

lord knows none of my signatures on checks and stuff look exactly the same, (esp on those stupid touch screens), but the way I write it is the same.

32 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

lord knows none of my signatures on checks and stuff look exactly the same, (esp on those stupid touch screens), but the way I write it is the same.

Fair enough. I'm no expert so I can't really judge. 

12 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

I agree.

The "AR" does not seem consistent with the other 2 examples in this thread.

1st post - oddly I'm posting to this one. Seems to me the strokes for the "D" and "a" are very different. On a legit signature, the D always goes downstroke, upstroke, curve. On the "ar" and "an" the legit signatures shows the pen is never taken off the paper and a single stroke transitions from a to the following letter. That's not happening on the questioned piece.