• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGCFantasyFBLeague
1 1

58 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, divad said:

You have just been sent the following note from smoke'emifyougot'em (Divad) in the Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football league named CGCFantasyFBLeague

DRAFT UPDATE!!!

Selected Date and Time 
Date: Sunday, September 2, 2018 
Time: 6:00 pm

This Sunday Night! Get your GAME on! :banana:

Hi All,

Not posting much here any more these days but have some excellent stalking skills. I'm in on the league but out on the pool. It also looks like I'll be auto-drafting since I'll be at the Pearl Jam concert on Sunday. I'll be the one auto drafting a kicker in the first round. :whee:

1 hour ago, universal soldier said:

Hi All,

Not posting much here any more these days but have some excellent stalking skills. I'm in on the league but out on the pool. It also looks like I'll be auto-drafting since I'll be at the Pearl Jam concert on Sunday. I'll be the one auto drafting a kicker in the first round. :whee:

Hint: Pick a team of undrafted rookies off the waiver wire when you get home. . . :foryou:

On 8/31/2018 at 9:56 AM, universal soldier said:

Hi All,

Draft Day is here! Draft Day is here!

It's $20 to play for the pool this year - depending on the number of paid participants, it will either be winner take all or 1st and 2nd place awards.

Send your Dues via PayPal to divadrabnud@gmail.com or any other way that is convenient for you.

Cheers, and enjoy!

d

8 hours ago, divad said:

It's $20 to play for the pool this year - depending on the number of paid participants, it will either be winner take all or 1st and 2nd place awards.

Send your Dues via PayPal to divadrabnud@gmail.com or any other way that is convenient for you.

Cheers, and enjoy!

d

How many people have paid so far?

On 9/4/2018 at 1:49 PM, divad said:
On 9/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, Ghostzapper said:

How many people have paid so far?

Three. :p C'mon guys belly up! :banana:

We are at 5 paid players right now. That's $100 - winner takes all, as it stands. Let's try to get to 10 paid players - Best Odds ever, and among friends! :)

We will sweeten the pot with a donation book each perhaps (as suggested).  Get your dues in before Sunday 1:00 p.m. EST! :sum:

On 9/4/2018 at 1:49 PM, divad said:

Three. :p C'mon guys belly up! :banana:

I just paid my league fees. C'mon peeps!!!!! Consider it a $20.00 donation to the football gods. And we should really donate books for side pots like lowest score, highest score, best individual performance by an IDP, ST, prize for least interceptions, etc, etc? Sort of like the grading contest? I would totally donate multiple books. We could make this really fun. Or much more fun than usual. I've got some cool and quirky SA and BA books to donate :banana:

6 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I just paid my league fees. C'mon peeps!!!!! Consider it a $20.00 donation to the football gods. And we should really donate books for side pots like lowest score, highest score, best individual performance by an IDP, ST, prize for least interceptions, etc, etc? Sort of like the grading contest? I would totally donate multiple books. We could make this really fun. Or much more fun than usual. I've got some cool and quirky SA and BA books to donate :banana:

Just paid as well. It might be too late for adding books this year but something to think about for next year.

Good Luck to everyone this season!

We are at eight paid players now; $160 Pool $110 - First Place / $50 Second Place.  I will extend the dues period until next Thursday's game time in case anyone still wants in. I like the idea of book donations. Any $20 book (or greater) can be donated for the following 8 individual performances; here are the first five categories:

1) "The Avengers" - Best overall Team performance for season (1st Place before playoffs);

2) "Incredible Hulk" - Best Individual Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

3)  "The X-Men"- Best Team Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

4) "Luke Cage" - Best Individual Defensive Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

5) "The Defenders" - Best Team Defense Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

Taking suggestions for the last three, but no loser/quitter awards . . . :grin:

Edited by divad

On 9/9/2018 at 5:35 PM, divad said:

We are at eight paid players now; $160 Pool $110 - First Place / $50 Second Place.  I will extend the dues period until next Thursday's game time in case anyone still wants in. I like the idea of book donations. Any $20 book (or greater) can be donated for the following 8 individual performances; here are the first five categories:

1) "The Avengers" - Best overall Team performance for season (1st Place before playoffs);

2) "Incredible Hulk" - Best Individual Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

3)  "The X-Men"- Best Team Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

4) "Luke Cage" - Best Individual Defensive Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

5) "The Defenders" - Best Team Defense Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs);

Taking suggestions for the last three, but no loser/quitter awards . . . :grin:

1) "The Avengers" - Best overall Team performance for season (1st Place before playoffs); --- After Week 1 - MonstersoftheMidway ranked #1

2) "Incredible Hulk" - Best Individual Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); --- Drew Brees 71.56 (Week 1, TheBook)

3)  "The X-Men"- Best Team Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); --- MonstersoftheMidway (Week 1, 306.96)

4) "Luke Cage" - Best Individual Defensive Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); T.J. Watt 27.50 (Week 1, Ozamataz Buckshank)

5) "The Defenders" - Best Team Defense Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); Baltimore Ravens 29.00 (Week 1, smoke'emifyougot'em)

6)

7)

8)

Confirm if those performances are correct? I don't know who's playing for what (prize money/bonus books)? After the deadline locks can you post the team names of who's playing for prize money/bonus books and then we can adjust the performances on who's in or out.

How about a best Kicker for individual week? Sometimes they do trick plays and throw for a touchdown or, I dunno, kick 3 40+ yarders and a 50+ yard fg or something...

I think best single QB, WR, RB, TE combo too...ignoring lesser performances...that one would need to be calculated by hand though...

Edited by PeterPark

10 hours ago, PeterPark said:

How about a best Kicker for individual week? Sometimes they do trick plays and throw for a touchdown or, I dunno, kick 3 40+ yarders and a 50+ yard fg or something...

I think best single QB, WR, RB, TE combo too...ignoring lesser performances...that one would need to be calculated by hand though...

I like it! Add an appropriate superhero name for the award and we will make it #6. (thumbsu

On 9/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, Ghostzapper said:

1) "The Avengers" - Best overall Team performance for season (1st Place before playoffs); --- After Week 1 - MonstersoftheMidway ranked #1

2) "Incredible Hulk" - Best Individual Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); --- Drew Brees 71.56 (Week 1, TheBook)

3)  "The X-Men"- Best Team Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); --- MonstersoftheMidway (Week 1, 306.96)

4) "Luke Cage" - Best Individual Defensive Player Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); T.J. Watt 27.50 (Week 1, Ozamataz Buckshank)

5) "The Defenders" - Best Team Defense Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); Baltimore Ravens 29.00 (Week 1, smoke'emifyougot'em)

6) "Bullseye" - Best Individual Kicker Single-Game performance over the entire season (including playoffs); Greg Zuerlein 14.00 (Week 1, Yancy St Slabbers)

7)

8)

Confirm if those performances are correct? I don't know who's playing for what (prize money/bonus books)? After the deadline locks can you post the team names of who's playing for prize money/bonus books and then we can adjust the performances on who's in or out.

Please do! Those look correct to me thus far. Note: Baltimore posted a -1 Thursday night after it's opening game boondoggle.

Edited by divad
Category #6 Added and updated.

Here are the 8 paid players (highlighted):

1. MonstersoftheMidway                                             

2. Marshall Lucky                                        

3. TheBook                                              

4. Ghostzapper

5. Kneel before Zod

6. peaky blinder

7. Team Sharkey

8. Ozamataz Buckshank

9. Yancy St Slabbers

10. Hollywood Cowboys

11. Team Zuckuss2003

12. smoke'emifyougot'em                        

Please let me know if you think you paid and I somehow missed it. I am going to give the unpaid players (all veterans of this league) one more chance to join the Paid ranks before Thursday night's game!