• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing is it worth it?
1 1

66 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had a book signed at convention with cgc witness and then submitted for pressing and grading.  Does the pressing affect the signature at all?  Will using a silver or gold sharpie markers vs black make a difference in how the sig is affected?  Heading out tomorrow and any feedback would be much appreciated!

Dry cleaning might help some of the stains on the back on that Hulk 180, but probably nothing will get rid of the writing.  I doubt you would bump the grade up on that, but it sure would look a lot nicer.

I'd do it for that reason alone, because the wrinkles reflect light in so many ways it is hard to appreciate the book the way it is.  On a key like that (which I do not yet own myself) I would say it is worth the expense, personally.

I'd lower your expectations on the grade, though.  That might make a 1.8 at best from the look of it.