• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody reccomend desert wind comics as a good cgc facilitator?
1 1

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, revat said:

I've used them three times.  They haven't tried to scam me, but in none of the three cases did things go off smoothly without a hitch.  Now that might be just bad luck on my part, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence from other that would suggest otherwise.  Run some searches for threads in CG and the Sig Room. 

So I would say, don't use them unless you have to, they definitely do have some cool events sometimes, so maybe it can't be avoided. I think there are people that like them though...

I think it's understandable to want to give the benefit of the doubt and believe that your issues just happened to be bad luck.  I've used them a few times and agree that none of the submissions ever went as smoothly as some other facilitators here.  I always got my books back and never had any drop in grades (thank goodness for that), so they do provide the service as advertised.  I just think it could go a little smoother.  I also think, after reading only a small portion of the links that have been unveiled, that our circumstances are not the exceptions, but unfortunately sound to be more of the norm.  Though, there is that whole "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" analogy and it's possible there are a large number of satisfied customers who just don't feel the need to speak up.

19 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I was hoping this would be the Thunderdome today.

Bummer.

Right?!? I thought it would get all torchy as well!

Edited by Bird
I still have those two mags and you'll get them later rather than sooner obviously! But you'll get them porcupine48

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Right?!? I thought it would get all torchy as well!

I didn't realize this was such a hot topic in the past, but now I'm gonna be a little disappointed if it doesn't go full blown Thunderdome like others have alleviated.  C'mon boardies, don't disappoint me on a Friday.  :slapfight:

EDIT: some music to set the tone...

Edited by ExNihilo

Just now, ExNihilo said:

I didn't realize this was such a hot topic in the past, but now I'm gonna be a little disappointed if it doesn't go full blown Thunderdome like others have alleviated.  C'mon boardies, don't disappoint me on a Friday.  :slapfight:

The disappointment is better than being sorry.

I hate to disappoint you guys but I went back and used them this year for some John Romita Sr. signings.  Books aren’t back yet but I don’t expect them to be.  They have signings that no one else seems to get.

18 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I hate to disappoint you guys but I went back and used them this year for some John Romita Sr. signings.  Books aren’t back yet but I don’t expect them to be.  They have signings that no one else seems to get.

I second this, but as it was my first time using them and my first time getting a sketch on a blank, I emailed a bunch and was vigilant. More than I should have to be? Definitely. But as was stated, they seemed the first opportunity to get a don Perlin Sketch of moon knight, so I took a shot! So far so good, books at cgc.

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Who is Bob Layton and how did his name get into my quote?  I assume the new victim?

You dunno who Bob Layton is?  Co-creator of Iron Man, Hulk, Darth Vader, Mickey Mouse, and the Ninja Turtles?

Better hop on that train because his sig's gonna be worth big bucks soon.  :roflmao:

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Now that Stan is no longer with us, who are they exploiting now for the "signature money grab"?

Probably the Romita's