• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My visit to Forest City Coins!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Wanted to thank @thirdgreenham for the awesome visit to his shop, forest city coins, in London Ontario!  I always cringe walking my 3 and 5 year old boys into any shop let alone one with thousands of collectibles but Andy made us feel right at home.  He didn’t even blink when my 3 year old announced to the world “daddy, I have to poop”.  He also distracted them long enough for me to find this sweet copy of Thrilling Comics 52 by letting each of them pick out a coin!  There isn’t a shop anywhere near me with the selection (slabs galore) Andy has so this was an awesome experience.  I only wish my wife hadn’t been sending me life-threatening texts while waiting in the car so I could spend more time looking!

DEDB66A5-4F85-478B-B1F4-5851790276EE.jpeg

Hope you didn't let your kids see that comic...:insane:

I'm sure we would all enjoy visiting his store. The thing that stuck out to me though in @comicquant original post was that his wife stayed in the car while the entire family went inside. It's not like going into a comic book store is some bad thing and heck-- she could have helped spend time with the kids and enjoyed their experience in the store as well.

17 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I'm sure we would all enjoy visiting his store. The thing that stuck out to me though in @comicquant original post was that his wife stayed in the car while the entire family went inside. It's not like going into a comic book store is some bad thing and heck-- she could have helped spend time with the kids and enjoyed their experience in the store as well.

lol We were on the start of the second leg of a 17 hour trip (total) and on our way out she actually convinced me we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to get on the road and that she would drop us off and swing back by.  She was a trooper and bought me that book for my birthday.  I guess the intended humor of the comment didn’t stick!

Just now, comicquant said:

lol We were on the start of the second leg of a 17 hour trip (total) and on our way out she actually convinced me we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to get on the road and that she would drop us off and swing back by.  She was a trooper and bought me that book for my birthday.  I guess the intended humor of the comment didn’t stick!

sorry-- the mental image I had in my head was of an unhappy wife sitting in the car, beeping the horn and sending angry texts. Thanks for clarifying