• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Montreal Comic Book Shops

5 posts in this topic

Not much to see, I'm afraid.  Haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember, you should be able to stay downtown and see a few stores.  Carsley's on St-Catherine near Peel always had a good selection despite the small venue in an office building, but they've been downsizing, and going back to their bread and butter of coins and paper money.  Best to call before hunting for parking.  If you're up for a subway trip, Peel station.  Other than that, 1,000,000 Comix on Pierce near St-Catherine used to have bins of silver and bronze, although not many wall books anymore.  Near Guy-Concordia subway station.  Half a block away is Capitaine Quebec, which used to be a steaming pile, but took on new management, so there might be some goodies there.

I haven't seen Komico on Decarie after their last fire.  Nice guy, but parking is awful there.  He likes to stay in the vicinity of Queen Mary subway station.

If you're up for a drive, and have nothing better to do, Comic Hunter to the North on Papineau has a few silver-bronze bins, but they're all beat and overpriced.  Good volume of copper-modern, art books, and French language stuff, though.  If you wind up there, may as well keep going North to Heroes Laval, whose store stock sucks, but has his convention stock hidden in the back.  He won't let you check the boxes, you'll have to ask him to pull things.