• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The creepiest/weirdest comic covers in your collection
3 3

58 posts in this topic

I've been keeping up with Ed Piskor's X-men: Grand Design run (which is amazing by the way :wink:) and picked up this variant last week.

I dig it, its super cool, but I like creepy things, which this definately is haha.

Whats some of the weirdest/creepiest covers in your collection?

xg7iCIA.jpg

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

This subject is right up my alley.

Creepy? Check this stuff out.

I was waiting for this. (thumbsu

Nice collection, though.

2 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

I've been keeping up with Ed Piskor's X-men: Grand Design run (which is amazing by the way :wink:) and picked up this variant last week.

I dig it, its super cool, but I like creepy things, which this definately is haha.

xg7iCIA.jpg

I like his coat

2035924451_giphy(3).gif.38bf7464fba75e32203e4d7a6a03f599.gif

Although,  looking at his face, maybe a Gaff gif would've been more appropriate hm

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Gaff gif........?

25 minutes ago, SerialGrape said:

Wow... that first one is... something.

Yeah, I honestly think it is hands down the creepiest cover in comics history. That said, as the pre-code guys discover this thread, you'll see all sorts of creepy and gory, such as the stark suicide cover I posted below it (the mirror makes that one) . But nothing creeps me out more than the Crime Does Not Pay #46.

4 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

xg7iCIA.jpg

One of the seediest-looking covers I've ever seen.  Surprised Marvel published that. More underground.

A long way from the suave sophistication of Jason Wyngarde in the classic Claremont / Byrne X-Men.

Edited by Ken Aldred

33 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

The weirdest thing is actually an action figure that has silver surfer with howard the duck. SS also has a blue head. What were they thinking??

IMG_8264.JPG

Is that some weird Asian action-figure? 

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

One of the seediest-looking covers I've ever seen.  Surprised Marvel published that. More underground.

A long way from the suave sophistication of Jason Wyngarde in the classic Claremont / Byrne X-Men.

I agree; looks like a cross between Harvey Pekar and Robert Crumb. Very cool, and WTTB @SerialGrape

@oakman29 Thanks Dave; high praise from the king of Warren horror!

@Aweandlorder I now need a Howard the Duck figure; thanks a lot!

@Brando I'm confused; you don't think child abduction is creepy?

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Yeah, I honestly think it is hands down the creepiest cover in comics history. That said, as the pre-code guys discover this thread, you'll see all sorts of creepy and gory, such as the stark suicide cover I posted below it (the mirror makes that one) . But nothing creeps me out more than the Crime Does Not Pay #46.

Agreed. Wrong in so many ways...