• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

413 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Adventure Comics 260 is also 50% off guide on e-bay right now (the seller claims it's a 5.0 but it's more likely a 4.0)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adventure-Comics-260-1st-SA-origin-Aquaman-VG-FN-5-0-DC-1959/164068448953?hash=item26333ddab9:g:iu0AAOSweaBeGiZl

@William-James88 These are cool books and appreciate the heads up.  However, you may have missed that this is the magazine forum.  Not sure if there’s an equivalent eBay deals thread in the silver age section, but if there isn’t, I’d use these two to start one in that forum.  (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

@William-James88 These are cool books and appreciate the heads up.  However, you may have missed that this is the magazine forum.  Not sure if there’s an equivalent eBay deals thread in the silver age section, but if there isn’t, I’d use these two to start one in that forum.  (thumbsu

Thanks man, and no I had not noticed. I mean I saw the latest deals were magazine related but I thought that,s just because deals on comics were a thing of the past and the thread title seemed all inclusive. But thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by William-James88

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks man, and no I had not noticed. I mean I saw the latest deals were magazine related but I thought that,s just because deals on comics were a thing of the past and the thread title seemed all inclusive. But thanks for the heads up, I will use this as a jumping point. 

No worries.  I’m serious about starting a new thread.

I’m playing the “buying on eBay from the non-comic seller” lottery.  Six Creepy’s, three with Frazetta covers, for $43.  The listing says Good to Very Good, pictures look a little better but aren’t detailed enough to really tell.  I figure as long as everything is attached and complete I’m doing okay, since five of them are issues I don’t have and the other is one I don’t mind having a duplicate of.

4 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I’m playing the “buying on eBay from the non-comic seller” lottery.  Six Creepy’s, three with Frazetta covers, for $43.  The listing says Good to Very Good, pictures look a little better but aren’t detailed enough to really tell.  I figure as long as everything is attached and complete I’m doing okay, since five of them are issues I don’t have and the other is one I don’t mind having a duplicate of.

heck ya, you can score pretty big with lots like these. Sometimes not of course, but I never mind gambling here.

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

What's going on with the top of #1 ? Is that a common flaw?

A glance at copies sold at heritage suggests that there's an unusual amount of space underneath the text at the bottom as well, possibly even some white paper at the bottom of the cover which may or may not be the interior pages.  So my very inexpert guess would be bad miscut rather than trimming.  But I'm sure others more familiar with the book could assess that better.

10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A glance at copies sold at heritage suggests that there's an unusual amount of space underneath the text at the bottom as well, possibly even some white paper at the bottom of the cover which may or may not be the interior pages.  So my very inexpert guess would be bad miscut rather than trimming.  But I'm sure others more familiar with the book could assess that better.

It is a miscut cover, shifted towards the top.  Otherwise, it is a nice copy.

14 hours ago, batmiesta said:

What's going on with the top of #1 ? Is that a common flaw?

Definitely not a common flaw.

In fact, it's the only copy I've ever seen with a miscut that severe. It's actually kind of cool, in a weird sort of way...