• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

413 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, chevalmeow said:

And another not so great copy.  A number of slabbed copies have been put up for sale too.

This copy sold for $221.  I think the poor photos made it look less attractive than it might actually be. The close up photos of each corner didn't look that bad at all and the back looked clean. This  might have been a bit of a steal. I almost gave it a shot.  Same seller had a decent looking #2 also with poor photos that I just forgot to bid on that sold for a whole $33.  Sat here and got to watching baseball and forgot all about it.   :facepalm:

On 10/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, speedcake said:

This copy sold for $221.  I think the poor photos made it look less attractive than it might actually be. The close up photos of each corner didn't look that bad at all and the back looked clean. This  might have been a bit of a steal. I almost gave it a shot.  Same seller had a decent looking #2 also with poor photos that I just forgot to bid on that sold for a whole $33.  Sat here and got to watching baseball and forgot all about it.   :facepalm:

Yeah, the "All of the books in this lot appear to be in very good condition but I could not check everything so i offer a money back refund if not satisfied..each one comes in its own bag so what looks like wrinkles or white spots is just a reflection." doesn't really inspire confidence.  As long as you don't mind dealing with a decent chance that you'll be returning the book for a refund because its missing a coupon or something, its probably worth rolling the dice on a seller like this.  

I just don't like buying a chore these days.  People who don't mind the work can get some good deals though.

7 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Yeah, the "All of the books in this lot appear to be in very good condition but I could not check everything so i offer a money back refund if not satisfied..each one comes in its own bag so what looks like wrinkles or white spots is just a reflection." doesn't really inspire confidence.  As long as you don't mind dealing with a decent chance that you'll be returning the book for a refund because its missing a coupon or something, its probably worth rolling the dice on a seller like this.  

I just don't like buying a chore these days.  People who don't mind the work can get some good deals though.

It all just depends, for sure.  Depends on the book or books/price, the risk vs reward, how feisty I'm feeling, etc. I don't mind doing a little extra work if something ends up just way out of line, but I've very rarely ever had a problem or felt like I didn't get value. so meh

6 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like to play games with books. I wish I could just buy a lot of Warren books in one group, but I hate guessing the grades. I would rather pay more for books I know are going to be nice than to gamble on a group of books.

Got the mags.

Creepy issues #9, 10, 11, 28, 81, 88, 89, 112, 123, 124, 125, 132, Annual 1971.  Vampirella issues #50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 66, 90, 92, 93, 94 and 100.

Overall, I think I did ok as most are in FN to FN/VF shape.  I am not the greatest grader so I might be a bit on the optimistic side,  :)  The cover gloss is pretty good showing very minor wear.  Pages are pretty much all Off-White.  All are complete without any writing, tears or missing coupons.  A small crease or bend here and there.

I averaged a little over $6 per copy.  I have a complete set of Vampirella and Creepy but I couldn't resist getting these.  Yes, I am a hoarder.  :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Got the mags.

Creepy issues #9, 10, 11, 28, 81, 88, 89, 112, 123, 124, 125, 132, Annual 1971.  Vampirella issues #50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 66, 90, 92, 93, 94 and 100.

Overall, I think I did ok as most are in FN to FN/VF shape.  I am not the greatest grader so I might be a bit on the optimistic side,  :)  The cover gloss is pretty good showing very minor wear.  Pages are pretty much all Off-White.  All are complete without any writing, tears or missing coupons.  A small crease or bend here and there.

I averaged a little over $6 per copy.  I have a complete set of Vampirella and Creepy but I couldn't resist getting these.  Yes, I am a hoarder.  :facepalm:

That's actually a pretty good deal.  If I was putting together a "reading copy set", I'd be pleased as punch to average $6 each for 6.0-7.0 books!  Especially considering you have a Creepy 9, 10, 11 and Vampi 50, 52, 53, 55, 100.  (thumbsu

38 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

That's actually a pretty good deal.  If I was putting together a "reading copy set", I'd be pleased as punch to average $6 each for 6.0-7.0 books!  Especially considering you have a Creepy 9, 10, 11 and Vampi 50, 52, 53, 55, 100.  (thumbsu

That is what I thought.  I will try to put up scans of them up in the magazine collection thread later.

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Those are insane prices.😆

Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like he’s either ignorant or trying to pull one over on people.  Reminds me a little bit of Theo Holstein’s tactics.  The really tough part is that he doesn’t know how to grade... I was going to make a joke about the seller just being ahead of their time but then I looked at the scans.  doh!

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

We shall see. :wishluck:

68544DAF-AC3C-45B8-A20B-C59B7DBC2BA0.jpeg

Those don’t look like magazine boxes.  What kind of game are you playing here?  If you think posting a cryptic message with a photograph of a big stash of comic boxes is going to get people excited... then you were right!  

I’m having fantasies of newsstand fresh, glossy, white paged Curtis, Skywald, and Warren mags.  🤤.  :cloud9:

I feel like Floyd the barber listening to a story from Andy Griffith...

1C973738-176F-4731-9E0B-D9F347F5516E.jpeg