• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to differentiate fact from misleading hyperbole in the OSPG Market Reports
3 3

79 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I don't have a problem with the prices per se, although I could quibble.  Example:

1993 DC Comics The Batman Adventures #12 1st Appearance of Harley Quinn 9.2 ($423.13 on 6/22/18)

This is actually a 6% drop from the 2017 price, rather than a 5.5% increase.  And yes, I know 2017 is an average.

My issue is with the list.  Do you see anything missing?  Example: Where's NYX #3? (currently selling for about $314 raw in 9.2 grade) Why is Peter Panzerfaust #1 even on the list? Etc., Etc. 

Then you could get into the whole raw/slab, grades above 9.2 thing. 3FzLps074gIgThF6IWpz.gif  What use is a list of 9.2 raws when most modern collectors are laser focused on 9.8 slabs?

The bottom line, does this REALLY represent The Top 20 Modern Age Comics?  Personally, I don't think it does.  What are your thoughts?

I agree with those points... it seemed like you might be saying the prices aren't a good match, but they are fairly decent prices for a 9.2 raw estimate.  Overstreet reports are due about 8 months before the book is released, so current prices wouldn't be reflected.

My concern would be the number of completely missing books.  Nyx #3 is a good example, but how many recent Marvel variants have been selling for $200+ in raw 9.2 condition for years?  Several.  How many are listed?  Basically none... the Venom #1 black isn't even a variant, it's an error... and if errors are included, Bloodshot #0 "Platinum" sells for $1,000+ in any condition.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I agree with those points... it seemed like you might be saying the prices aren't a good match, but they are fairly decent prices for a 9.2 raw estimate.  Overstreet reports are due about 8 months before the book is released, so current prices wouldn't be reflected.

My concern would be the number of completely missing books.  Nyx #3 is a good example, but how many recent Marvel variants have been selling for $200+ in raw 9.2 condition for years?  Several.  How many are listed?  Basically none... the Venom #1 black isn't even a variant, it's an error... and if errors are included, Bloodshot #0 "Platinum" sells for $1,000+ in any condition.

And I completely agree with yours. :)

Damn...I was hoping for a good fight.  :baiting:

5 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
10 minutes ago, Park said:

I'll be your huckleberry.

Awesome.:whee:

Let's debate clone degradation of yogurt cultures and the possible ramifications to humanity.  :banana:

Let's just hope that mutant yogurt creature doesn't come face to fa.....errr bread with Roy's sandwich that ate Buffalo a few years ago.

9 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This thread sure has devolved into some useless banter.

6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

What happened to you? You used to be OK

I think someone may have gotten him to try some artisanal cottage cheese from Norcal.

That stuff is dangerous.

28 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
34 minutes ago, Park said:

I'll be your huckleberry.

Awesome.:whee:

Let's debate clone degradation of yogurt cultures and the possible ramifications to humanity.  :banana:

Ummmmmm......no?

I was figuring we would just call each other names and stuff until somebody tells us to think of the children?

Maybe throw in a couple of threats to punch each other in the mouth if you're feeling up to it, granpappy.

Just now, Park said:

Ummmmmm......no?

I was figuring we would just call each other names and stuff until somebody tells us to think of the children?

Maybe throw in a couple of threats to punch each other in the mouth if you're feeling up to it, granpappy.

Works for me BUDDY.

I'll make the requisite reservation at Phil's Parking Lot.

4 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Works for me BUDDY.

I'll make the requisite reservation at Phil's Parking Lot.

Sounds good. Just let me know what time works for you.

FRIENDO.

3 minutes ago, Park said:

FRIENDO.

Any time between Lunch #1 and Lunch #2 works for me...PAL

And bring those Ghetto Keys of yours so I can shove them up your long box.  :grin:

10 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:
16 minutes ago, Park said:

FRIENDO.

Any time between Lunch #1 and Lunch #2 works for me...PAL

And bring those Ghetto Keys of yours so I can shove them up your long box.  :grin:

Count on it....CHUM.

You should bring....ummmmm.....something....and pound sand!

2 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

One of you needs to end a "chief" or "enjoy your day" to the end of a comment

Oh we got this....JERKFRO!

Wait, that actually is....nah, it works.

6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

One of you needs to end a "chief" or "enjoy your day" to the end of a comment

Oh...you want some of this TOO Chief? (flexing my guns)

Well...enjoy your day.

Also...GSABOY.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Just now, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Oh...you want some of this TOO Chief? (flexing my guns)

Well...enjoy your day.

Double tap with "chief" and "enjoy your day" might be too much. Just sayin'. :foryou:

HOMEBOY!!!