• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholders
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I would like to know whether SS books can be reholdered.Are there any reasons why CGC would refuse to reholder them --one of my books is chipped in one corner and I would like to reholder some simply because they are the old slabs and I would like new ones.Please share any experiences you may have had.Many thanks.

If the slab itself has sustained enough damage, CGC will regrade your book, not simply reholder. You will be charged for grading, not reholder. Otherwise, SS books should be no different than an 'ordinary' book submitted for reholder. As I see you live in Bangladesh, keep in mind the shipping costs of this process. Also, make sure you leave the book in the slab when sending in for reholder, never crack it open.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

If the slab itself has sustained enough damage, CGC will regrade your book, not simply reholder. You will be charged for grading, not reholder. Otherwise, SS books should be no different than an 'ordinary' book submitted for reholder. As I see you live in Bangladesh, keep in mind the shipping costs of this process. Also, make sure you leave the book in the slab when sending in for reholder, never crack it open.

Thank you .This is good to know !

On 7/30/2018 at 9:10 AM, subash said:

I would like to know whether SS books can be reholdered.Are there any reasons why CGC would refuse to reholder them --one of my books is chipped in one corner and I would like to reholder some simply because they are the old slabs and I would like new ones.Please share any experiences you may have had.Many thanks.

I reholdered a Wolverine Origins 3rd claw variant signed by Joe Quesada and they did it. I guess it really depends on the amount of damage to the slab and if it would be able to be opened and the book exchanged.