• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction Aug 2-4
2 2

233 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

Did you know...

In this HA Sig. Auction, Jack Kirby's very first 'Superman' in costume, in story(exluding the cover scene), panel page is being offered for the first time in over 25 years...

Full disclosure...I am the consignor.

Nice, good luck!

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Yeah, some prices still very low only a few days out. might be some deals to be had this time if people asleep at the switch.

For previous auctions I believe the prices jumped quite a bit just before on line bidding closed and again in the live auction. I suspect that is what we will see this round

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Yeah, some prices still very low only a few days out. might be some deals to be had this time if people asleep at the switch.

I pray for this every signature auction, and my prayers have yet to be answered. :cry: 

20 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I pray for this every signature auction, and my prayers have yet to be answered. :cry: 

same here.

And if my prayers were answered, there was a reason why I got it cheap! :P

Malvin

You know? This Garfield OA might actually be a nice cheap pickup. Can't imagine it exceeding $150-$200. Or am I way off? Not my area.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jim-davis-garfield-daily-comic-strip-original-art-dated-4-10-89-united-feature-syndicate-1989-/a/7189-93379.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

6 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

You know? This Garfield OA might actually be a nice cheap pickup. Can't imagine it exceeding $150-$200. Or am I way off? Not my area.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jim-davis-garfield-daily-comic-strip-original-art-dated-4-10-89-united-feature-syndicate-1989-/a/7189-93379.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515 

I've tracked Garfield OA a few times, including this auction, and so far it's never been a steal even if it looks like it heading into the session. It's always over $500, often closer to $1k.

4 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

I've tracked Garfield OA a few times, including this auction, and so far it's never been a steal even if it looks like it heading into the session. It's always over $500, often closer to $1k.

There is also a really nice Pogo in this auction, and will probably not break $600, which is crazy when you consider how revered that strip was at one time.

36 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

There is also a really nice Pogo in this auction, and will probably not break $600, which is crazy when you consider how revered that strip was at one time.

There is a great Pogo sunday on ebay that was sitting at 1k OBO , was up for days. Really surprised me. All of the main characters, lots of swamp backgrounds, lots of Pogo. That one guy unloading all those pogos really seems to have depressed the market on those.

I really like these Dark Knight images.  Heritage's auction estimate at SDCC was $15,000.

That seems conservative, no?  I figure the Cover image (far right image) was worth 20K alone. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-miller-the-complete-frank-miller-batman-1-hardback-cover-element-and-interior-illustrations-original-art-an-total-2-items-/a/7189-92141.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

lf.jpg

I can't figure this one out - https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/michael-golden-and-terry-austin-doctor-strange-55-story-page-3-original-art-marvel-1982-/a/7189-92075.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Is Michael Golden such a great artist that a panel page from 1982 is at $9,200 before the live bidding?

Mike

3 minutes ago, Monkeyman said:

I can't figure this one out - https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/michael-golden-and-terry-austin-doctor-strange-55-story-page-3-original-art-marvel-1982-/a/7189-92075.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Is Michael Golden such a great artist that a panel page from 1982 is at $9,200 before the live bidding?

Mike

Doctor Strange 55 is probably one of the most influential single Marvel issues by any artist in the last 35 years. So many of the talented creators working today have pointed to this issue as their spark of inspiration. It's in the top 5 single issues of several artists. And for Golden it's at the top of the heap, along with Avengers Ann 10 and his early 'Nam work (along with a few others) that really cemented him a force of creative nature. 

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Doctor Strange 55 is probably one of the most influential single Marvel issues by any artist in the last 35 years. So many of the talented creators working today have pointed to this issue as their spark of inspiration. It's in the top 5 single issues of several artists. And for Golden it's at the top of the heap, along with Avengers Ann 10 and his early 'Nam work (along with a few others) that really cemented him a force of creative nature. 

Talk about a ringing endorsement. You should get a commission on the sale after that amazing description!

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I heard of some artist (Buzz?) that buys every copy of Doctor Strange 55, he runs across.  I figured that would be $$$

Just now, JadeGiant said:

Talk about a ringing endorsement. You should get a commission on the sale after that amazing description!

I hesitated to say anything because I'd love to own this. lol