• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction Aug 2-4
2 2

233 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:
5 hours ago, tth2 said:

I hope it kills bidding, but unfortunately I know that won't be the case.

+1, don't think it will impact the final hammer  

Stupid spendthrift rich collectors! :mad:

9 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Good luck if you go for it.  I have badger on my list of things to get one day - but this one doesn't do anything for me. So far the price is not crazy - so that's a plus for anyone that is interested.

I already have a Badger Page. But this is a cover from the original short Capital Comics run. 

11 hours ago, tth2 said:

I hope it kills bidding, but unfortunately I know that won't be the case.

Well it did hurt the Heritage European auction, 25% commission + 21% tax meant that a 10K piece would end up costing you close to 15K. Especially the high end pieces suffered. There were a a lot of post-auction BINs and the Tin-Tin page that had an estimation of 720k - 960k sold for 425K.

51 minutes ago, inovrmihd said:

Is Heritage charging European buyers at it's U.S. auctions a 21% tax, and is that new?

No. But Heritage have a European branch in Holland as well and when you bid on those auctions and you live in the EU, then you pay whatever VAT your country charges.

Buying from Heritage in the US requires one to jump through hoops as well, I don't have to pay taxes if I have the item shipped to my home address, but  do have to pay 32% import duty on value and shipping, so anything you win over $5K makes it cheaper to fly out to the US and pick it up in person and fly back. Good thing I have a US address as well... in an (as of now) non-taxed state.

Edited by chromium

23 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I was thinking KJ stops at $70k, with BP added. Its a great page, and its the first page, but its not the BEST page.

If you have $70k to blow on a page, you probably have an address or a friend with an address in a zero-sales-tax state.

Well, it stalled momentarily at $70k, but wow, that tet-a-tet to $100k was pretty quick. $120k with BP. Wow.

Just now, Sideshow Bob said:

Well, it stalled momentarily at $70k, but wow, that tet-a-tet to $100k was pretty quick. $120k with BP. Wow.

1749113178_salestax.thumb.jpg.64df2eb7e8c3138b47c3aeee6a1596a7.jpg

1 hour ago, Ironmandrd said:

That is a fantastic page that deserves to sell at a premium, but, still, I would have thought 5-handle max on that one.  $7800 seems to me to be at least $2K too high, if not more, IMO. Great page, though. 2c 

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

That is a fantastic page that deserves to sell at a premium, but, still, I would have thought 5-handle max on that one.  $7800 seems to me to be at least $2K too high, if not more, IMO. Great page, though. 2c 

I agree--great action on that page. Just surprised it went so far past $5k which was the highest price a JB Conan page had gone for on HA (and it had Belit too).

7 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Love it when you talk "street"......