• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any signature witnesses for Soda City Comic Con @ Columbia, SC 8/25 - 8/26?

7 posts in this topic

Hijacking to ask if CGC will be there? I have a bunch of books I was planning to ship to them next week but would be great if I could get them graded this weekend without dealing with shipping and insurance. I'm not very familiar with CGC at conventions. I don't see any mention on Soda City's web site ab out them. 

11 minutes ago, SBRobin said:

Hijacking to ask if CGC will be there? I have a bunch of books I was planning to ship to them next week but would be great if I could get them graded this weekend without dealing with shipping and insurance. I'm not very familiar with CGC at conventions. I don't see any mention on Soda City's web site ab out them. 

look on the cgc website for their calendar of where they will go.  If it's not on there, then they're not going.

3 hours ago, SBRobin said:

2 hours ago, revat said:

look on the cgc website for their calendar of where they will go.  If it's not on there, then they're not going.

CGC is not going (according to the calendar and emails), I'm hoping there's a facilitator/witness planning to go.

4 minutes ago, ackage said:

CGC is not going (according to the calendar and emails), I'm hoping there's a facilitator/witness planning to go.

I think if anyone was going they would have posted in the Sig Series Subforum by now since the show is tomorrow.  I just looked at the guestlist.  It doesn't really look like one that is typically strong enough to get a facilitator to go, as it has to be financially worth it for them to go (AKA get enough submissions), as they would have to pay for travel, entry, food, lodging, and other incidentals.  And those costs would just be to break even.  Then they'd want to be compensated for time, which might include self-employment taxes, health insurance, and other costs.  Then there's the opportunity cost of doing whatever else they could be doing with their free time on a weekend (potentially going to a more lucrative show), or whatever.

But don't get me wrong, I love Farooq (Ron Simmons).  His finishing move, the Dominator, is still my favorite wrestling finishing move of all time.

1 hour ago, ackage said:

How does that work if CGC isn't there? I thought SS had to be graded immediately after they were witnessed?

I am selling some Roy Thomas signed Silver and Bronze Marvel in my booth! I personally witnessed the signatures!

I know its not the same but it is what it is!

Ask for John at the Heroes and Dragons Booth. I have a  nice selection of his notable issues signed...……….