• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Sandman #4

57 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Yep, feeBay is almost always more expensive.

Hahaha, I like that! Feebay. I'm going to use that one ;) 

But on topic, there are more expensive. I find that the comics that are encapsulated are quite often high priced. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Hahaha, I like that! Feebay. I'm going to use that one ;) 

But on topic, there are more expensive. I find that the comics that are encapsulated are quite often high priced. 

Lots of uninformed buyers + the crazy fees that sellers try to compensate for. Rarely will a buy it now be under-priced. Auctions are usually your only chance, but even those often go way higher than they should. Sometimes because of fake bids.:cry:

1 hour ago, Not A Clone said:

Lots of uninformed buyers + the crazy fees that sellers try to compensate for. Rarely will a buy it now be under-priced. Auctions are usually your only chance, but even those often go way higher than they should. Sometimes because of fake bids.:cry:

Yeah, the shill bidding can get pretty bad on eBay. I saw a book go from around $18,000 back down to around $10,000. Ebay removed $8,000 of shill bids.

2 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

i know everybody's game in town is Key's ...Key's and more Key's...............but i'm old school ...i like old fashion runs.............I don't play da Key game...

I like runs as well! I think reading is equally as important as collecting and slabbing. 

Edited by Spawn1709

17 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

ya i'm a reader 2 ......can't read'em if u don't have da run.......i guess u can always buy da 5 issue books but they don't go up in value and i'd like 2 get my money back 1 day

That would be nice to get money back on runs. I try to buy run's as well. I think that's half the fun is reading! It pains me a bit to see people who only go for the keys and the valuable comics. I think people should also focus on the regular comics because that's what helps keep the comic industry in business ;) 

P.S. The Spawn #223 would probably be your favourite cover if I had to guess. It is an homage of the Walking Dead #1 

5 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

i'll go take a look.....r u reader that new Spawn series Witchblade or something ?

Medieval Spawn and Witchblade? I think it's a crossover. I'm interested in it, but don't have any of the comics yet. I'm reading something else in the meantime. By the way, is the Walkimg Dead TV show accurate to the comics?

10 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I did buy Medieval Spawn # 1  and da art looks great but haven't read it yet.  Are u not worried these books will sell out and then your stuck looking for them on secondary Markets ?

Eh. I'm not too worried. They won't be selling for too much. Todd McFarlane usually does great art.

10 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

i'm not reading da comics yet because i want 2 have da whole collection 1st and then read it starting at issue  # 1  ......I only have about 35 issues to go and it will probably b about 2 years before i have them all and then i'll start at the beginning.

How many issues is the entire Walking Dead?

19 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

Hey did u c that Sandman Universe # 1 came out today.....i checked it out at my local comic shop but i did not buy it. The Art looks crazy as usual.....has some serious potential ......but i just can't buy everything.........r u gonna get it ?

Sandman Universe #1? I haven't even heard of it. I'll check it out for sure!