• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dust blown

11 posts in this topic

Hello I'm new to this website . I have about 10 long boxes of 80's and 90's comics that were passed to me from my father. I know a little about comics. All the comics are bagged and backed and have been for quite some time. I was wondering what if any holy grails from the copper age are. Especially ones that haven't been graded but are all near mint. Thanks for any help. 

A good place to start:

“SellMyComicBooks.Com “

or

“GoCollect.Com”

Good information regarding what’s trending and hot on the current market. There are so many books out there, but some key issues that come to mind are:

Amazing Spider-Man #300

New Mutants #98

Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles #1

etc ...... you’ll be more informed as you do more research. Have fun and enjoy the books. 

Edited by Haupia

Since this is the CGC message board, we should probably say that books that are worth collecting are worth sending to CGC.  The more collectible the book, the more often it is sent to CGC.

So, if the book is from the 1980s or 1990s and it has been sent to CGC 250 times (for Marvel or D.C.) or sent to CGC 100 times (for any other publisher), it's on this list.

Enjoy!

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/topsubs1980to1999.txt

lol this OP first post MAKES ME FEEL OOOOOOOLLLLLD! :sorry:

1 hour ago, Jmmonly1 said:

Hello I'm new to this website . I have about 10 long boxes of 80's and 90's comics that were passed to me from my father. I know a little about comics. All the comics are bagged and backed and have been for quite some time. I was wondering what if any holy grails from the copper age are. Especially ones that haven't been graded but are all near mint. Thanks for any help. 

sigh, don't you have to be 18 to join the boards, I am soooo oooold rantrant:preach:   giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol this OP first post MAKES ME FEEL OOOOOOOLLLLLD! :sorry:

sigh, don't you have to be 18 to join the boards, I am soooo oooold rantrant:preach:   

An 18 year old was born in 2000.  His father could easily have been born in 1972, which makes him ages 8 to 27 for collecting comics in the 1980s and 1990s. 

Old?  Yes... if you consider "born in 1972" to be old. :grin:

Seriously, here's a good list to start with:

Top 50 Copper Age keys limited to the 1982-1992 timeframe*:

Albedo #2

• Amazing Spider-Man #238, #252, #298, #300, #361

• Archie’s Girls Betty and Veronica #320

• Batman #357, #404, #428

• Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1

• Batman: The Killing Joke

• Bone #1

• Caliber Presents #1

• Comico Primer #2

• Crisis in Infinite Earths #1

• The Crow #1

• Daredevil #181

• DC Comics Presents #47

• Evil Ernie #1

• G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #1

• Harbinger #1

• Incredible Hulk #271, #340

• Iron Man #282

• Marvel Graphic Novel #4

• Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8

• Miracleman #15

• New Mutants #87, #98

• Sandman #1, #8

• Spectacular Spider-Man #64

• Superman #75

• Swamp Thing #21, #37

• Starslayer #2

• Tales of the New Teen Titans #44

• Thor #337

• Transformers #1

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1

• Uncanny X-men #221, #248, #266

• Vampirella #113

• Warrior (UK Magazine) #1

• Watchmen #1

• Wolverine (limited series) #1

• X-Factor #6, #24

* With all credit and kudos to Brock!

Edited by divad

4 hours ago, valiantman said:

An 18 year old was born in 2000.  His father could easily have been born in 1972, which makes him ages 8 to 27 for collecting comics in the 1980s and 1990s. 

:whatthe:

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
16 hours ago, valiantman said:

:whatthe:

I might have picked 1972 randomly.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Jmmonly1 said:

Some good starting info above.  Just be aware, for comics that era and newer, condition has to be pristine, with a few exceptions.