• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's an Amazing Fantasy 15 cover only worth?

15 posts in this topic

I have a certified "back cover only" of AF15 (bought already certified, not CGC), which I still question because the back cover, inside and out, is the exact same as some other Marvel books of the time. So be careful buying an uncertified back cover only.

Edited by spracknetch23

I bought the full AF15 cover offered here on the boards last month for $3750 which I think was an amazing deal. It actually had some tiny dog ears that I was able to unbend and make look better.  I feel extremely lucky to have found it at the price I got it for.  It was up for many hours before I made an offer on it.  I'm actually curious as to why no one else made an offer on it.  It shows no signs of resto.

The cover was offered for $4500 which I think was fair, but I made an offer for $3750 and the seller was fine with that.  Lucky me.

11 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

I have a certified "back cover only" of AF15 (bought already certified, not CGC), which I still question because the back cover, inside and out, is the exact same as some other Marvel books of the time. So be careful buying an uncertified back cover only.

There are many "back covers" from other marvel books that are a match to the back cover of Af15, so I would never spend big money on a slabbed one or a raw one that claimed to be authentic unless you could see some of the color from the front cover on the spine.

5 hours ago, gadzukes said:

There are many "back covers" from other marvel books that are a match to the back cover of Af15, so I would never spend big money on a slabbed one or a raw one that claimed to be authentic unless you could see some of the color from the front cover on the spine.

Yes, this "certified" back cover was an impulse BIN in the $70-80 range on Ebay last summer so I didn't break the bank. I can see just a tiny piece of the front cover..still hard to tell for sure.  A few months earlier I had seen this same back cover (same id #) sell for much more, along with listings for other single pages, though I don't remember a front cover being among those listings. I suspect the original seller pieced out the book intentionally. I was confused why the reseller would have paid much more for it months earlier, then resold it for $70-80. I ultimately chalk it up to a neat item that just might be real. It's graded by that company starting with a "P", so of course I'm skeptical. :flamed:

On 8/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, spracknetch23 said:

Yes, this "certified" back cover was an impulse BIN in the $70-80 range on Ebay last summer so I didn't break the bank. I can see just a tiny piece of the front cover..still hard to tell for sure.  A few months earlier I had seen this same back cover (same id #) sell for much more, along with listings for other single pages, though I don't remember a front cover being among those listings. I suspect the original seller pieced out the book intentionally. I was confused why the reseller would have paid much more for it months earlier, then resold it for $70-80. I ultimately chalk it up to a neat item that just might be real. It's graded by that company starting with a "P", so of course I'm skeptical. :flamed:

I was pretty confident that only the company that certified Ditko´s signature on a cover, would certify an AF15 "back cover only". But $70 is clearly not a big loss. 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Saw this before the thread.   Thought that was what the OP was getting at.  I would think 5k for a unrestored decent cover is reasonable

You're not saying that's a decent cover are you?  That's a 1.0 cover.  I might go $2500 on a cover like that.  How much would you pay for that cover?

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

You're not saying that's a decent cover are you?  That's a 1.0 cover.  I might go $2500 on a cover like that.  How much would you pay for that cover?

No, I don't think it's decent.  I'd agree with you $2500 for a cover like that.