• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man 129 question
2 2

17 posts in this topic

So I have a double cover of amazing spiderman 129 with writing towards the bottom but overall the comic looks to be at least an 8.0. Should I remove that cover or leave it alone? The inside cover looks flawless.

Edited by robshannonups
addin something

15 hours ago, robshannonups said:

So I have a double cover of amazing spiderman 129 with writing towards the bottom but overall the comic looks to be at least an 8.0. Should I remove that cover or leave it alone? The inside cover looks flawless.

No please do not remove the outer cover it is kind of rare that way, to my knowledge there was only 6 known copies of #129 with Double Covers and yours would make the 7th one it would be a shame to change that. 2c  Would you post a picture?  

1 hour ago, Cozmo-One said:

Also, if you were to get it graded, I think CGC puts the highest graded # on the sticker.  So if the outside was a 8.0 and the inside was a 9.2, the grade listed would be a 9.2.  Plus, as others have already stated, double-covers generally bring in higher prices.

Yep, this exactly. Leave that other cover attached! 

18 hours ago, robshannonups said:

Pics? 

1 hour ago, robshannonups said:

Sorry I havnt posted a pic but I did sbmit ASM 129 to cgc and the have graded it and sent image to me. It is a double cover: 1st cover 8.5 Interior cover 9.2

1316409400_2004890-F001583.jpg.07a310148c80ed0b97ea5e7dfb797651.jpg

Very cool book. Congrats !  CGC made a wise decision with how they grade double covers. To discourage the removal of the outer cover, they assign the higher of the two grades.

Thanks, I bought this in a collection in the early 90's(ASM 99-299) along with X-Men 95-120 for $1000.00 at a local show in Charleston, SC. Just had it graded. Unfortunately I had the ASMs in long boxes in my comic book closet along with about about 10 other long boxes and only upuntil about two years ago did I realize they were gone. I had a graded ASM 121-8.0 and a 122 9.4  and also purchased an ASM 15 7.0 that ended up missing. That's what I get for not double checking my collection periodically. ASM 129 was hanging on the wall and was untouched!

Edited by robshannonups

On 1/5/2019 at 2:08 PM, robshannonups said:

Thanks, I bought this in a collection in the early 90's(ASM 99-299) along with X-Men 95-120 for $1000.00 at a local show in Charleston, SC. Just had it graded. Unfortunately I had the ASMs in long boxes in my comic book closet along with about about 10 other long boxes and only upuntil about two years ago did I realize they were gone. I had a graded ASM 121-8.0 and a 122 9.4  and also purchased an ASM 15 7.0 that ended up missing. That's what I get for not double checking my collection periodically. ASM 129 was hanging on the wall and was untouched!

Someone stole your comics from your stash? In your house? 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Very cool book. Congrats !  CGC made a wise decision with how they grade double covers. To discourage the removal of the outer cover, they assign the higher of the two grades.

Yes, it would have been disastrous to punish the book by going with an average. People would have been destroying double (or more) cover books left and right.

It was either my ex-wife or cousins that I let live with me for about 8 months while I was going through my divorce. I had so many long boxes in my closet that I didn't realize what was missing until years later. Its what I get for being too nice of a guy and too trustworthy!