• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saga Issues 1 & 2 - Worth Getting Graded?

7 posts in this topic

I want to send out my first batch of comics to get graded soon, and I was thinking of getting these two graded; however, I’m not sure that it would be worth it considering the deep spine ticks on issue 1. It looks a lot worse in the photo than it does in reality, but still. I think I’d be hard-pressed to get a 9.0 

What do you guys think? Worth it for investment purposes even still?

6D9B2965-A590-45CE-BFD5-5B6DA9930301.jpeg

2 hours ago, AltBriggs said:

I want to send out my first batch of comics to get graded soon, and I was thinking of getting these two graded; however, I’m not sure that it would be worth it considering the deep spine ticks on issue 1. It looks a lot worse in the photo than it does in reality, but still. I think I’d be hard-pressed to get a 9.0 

What do you guys think? Worth it for investment purposes even still?

6D9B2965-A590-45CE-BFD5-5B6DA9930301.jpeg

Welcome to the boards! The first book could do good with a press. The signature on the #2 would Make the book not worth slabbing . good luck. CGC offers pressing as well as many people here.

11 minutes ago, paul747 said:

Welcome to the boards! The first book could do good with a press. The signature on the #2 would Make the book not worth slabbing . good luck. CGC offers pressing as well as many people here.

Thanks! If you don’t mind me asking, why would the signature not make it worth slabbing?

30 minutes ago, AltBriggs said:

Thanks! If you don’t mind me asking, why would the signature not make it worth slabbing?

Because it was not witnessed and would get a qualified green label of death. 

Joey post worked wonders on my saga 1 that had a very deep backcover crease.  Got a 9.6.  He’s an amazing presser.  

23 minutes ago, crazyhips said:

Because it was not witnessed and would get a qualified green label of death. 

Joey post worked wonders on my saga 1 that had a very deep backcover crease.  Got a 9.6.  He’s an amazing presser.  

So a signature could actually lower the grade/value of a comic book? That’s strange. Never really thought of it that way.

10 hours ago, AltBriggs said:

So a signature could actually lower the grade/value of a comic book? That’s strange. Never really thought of it that way.

An unwitnessed signature can.   Any signature not personally witnessed by one of CGC’s representatives is treated as a defect and placed in the green label of death holder.  I’m not entirely sure but It maybe possible to ask for a universal blue label with a deduction to the final grade.  

13 hours ago, crazyhips said:

An unwitnessed signature can.   Any signature not personally witnessed by one of CGC’s representatives is treated as a defect and placed in the green label of death holder.  I’m not entirely sure but It maybe possible to ask for a universal blue label with a deduction to the final grade.  

You cant get a blue label with an UN-witnessed signature. The only exceptions to this are old inside cover signatures and they still do not get verified.