• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Castle Rock

12 posts in this topic

Finished Season 2 last night. My wife and I were blown away how solid

Spoiler

an origin story they delivered for Annie Wilkes.

I can see why Stephen King was upset Hulu cancelled after Season Two. What a waste of solid potential for future stories. It ties together so many of his stories in a solid way.

Edited by Bosco685
spoilers

Supposedly it had to do with Disney not winning the Bad Robot contract. So continuing with them would have been a conflict now that WB has the exclusive.

‘Castle Rock’ Canceled After Two Seasons At Hulu

It’s official. Castle Rock will not be returning for a third season. Hulu has canceled the psychological horror series starring Lizzy Caplan after two seasons, Deadline has confirmed.

Season 2 of the anthology series premiered more than a year ago. There were no expectations for a third installment, and the decision to end the series after two seasons was made awhile ago. Once one of the first suppliers of Hulu after it branched out into premium original content, Warner Bros TV has focused its attention to supplying recently launched sibling HBO Max. There are no plans for Castle Rock to continue on HBO Max, we hear.

In Season 2 of the series from J.J. Abrams and Stephen King, a feud between warring clans came to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes (Caplan), King’s nurse from hell, got waylaid in Castle Rock. The Season 2 cast also included Yusra Warsama, Barkhad Abdi, Elsie Fisher and Matthew Alan.

But this is how J.J. Abrams's production company succeeds. Let him line up the talent, and then let them take the reigns. Keep him away from writing the stories - including the finales.

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Finished Season 2 last night. My wife and I were blown away how solid an --------------------------------

I can see why Stephen King was upset Hulu cancelled after Season Two. What a waste of solid potential for future stories. It ties together so many of his stories in a solid way.

Might want to adjust that due to heavy spoiler (as that revelation is a big surprise to most watching it and might not see it coming) :D

2 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Might want to adjust that due to heavy spoiler (as that revelation is a big surprise to most watching it and might not see it coming) :D

Gotcha.

Since they came right and noted who the main character was, I didn't think that would still be a surprise. But I went ahead and covered that up. Sorry. :foryou:

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Gotcha.

Since they came right and noted who the main character was, I didn't think that would still be a surprise. But I went ahead and covered that up. Sorry. :foryou:

All good! I know most news articles nowadays will just outright name the character, but I do hope some people get a surprise from the reveal - real shame there isn't going to be more :(

8 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

All good! I know most news articles nowadays will just outright name the character, but I do hope some people get a surprise from the reveal - real shame there isn't going to be more :(

The show creators really did a super job piecing together all those Stephen King stories into one location. We were very impressed in the end.

It got to the point you had to listen to every name and location as someone had a remote link to a previous book.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The show creators really did a super job piecing together all those Stephen King stories into one location. We were very impressed in the end.

It got to the point you had to listen to every name and location as someone had a remote link to a previous book.

They really did do an excellent job with melding together many of Kings worlds and lore, especially doing so in a way that didn't feel like they were beating you over the head with references (a point of fault that can be found in pretty much every other movie/series right now). This is a series that does warrant a rewatching to fully appreciate how well crafted it was.