• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicCoin? What is it?

10 posts in this topic

HA! Was just thinking about the ComicCoin debacle jus the other day. It was slightly before my time but I believe it went something like this:  Everyone would put in some money to buy a book, let's say Spiderman 20 CGC 9.8 for this example, The book costs 15 grand let's say. 15 people would put up 1 grand each and they would all technically own the book together. One person (the grand wizard who dreamed up the abortion of Comiccoin) would have the book and issue everyone a coin that would be a percentage of the ownership of the book. So you would say, "I own 10% of such and such book while only owning a neat looking Comiccoin." while ComicCoin wizard would have the actual book.

Yes, it was that stupid.

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

HA! Was just thinking about the ComicCoin debacle jus the other day. It was slightly before my time but I believe it went something like this:  Everyone would put in some money to buy a book, let's say Spiderman 20 CGC 9.8 for this example, The book costs 15 grand let's say. 15 people would put up 1 grand each and they would all technically own the book together. One person (the grand wizard who dreamed up the abortion of Comiccoin) would have the book and issue everyone a coin that would be a percentage of the ownership of the book. So you would say, "I own 10% of such and such book while only owning a neat looking Comiccoin." while ComicCoin wizard would have the actual book.

Yes, it was that stupid.

lol, sounds bad. I'm guessing the wizard walked away with some books?

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, NoMan said:

Yes, it was that stupid.

That sounds like a Consortium.