• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Show Report
2 2

87 posts in this topic

Wow what an awesome looking event.  Wish I had made the time to make it over (especially living 20 minutes away) but had family commitments.

Funny how I am scouring the walls of books in the pictures looking for any lower grade FF1 books!

when is the next one scheduled?

21 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Wow what an awesome looking event.  Wish I had made the time to make it over (especially living 20 minutes away) but had family commitments.

Funny how I am scouring the walls of books in the pictures looking for any lower grade FF1 books!

@CW had a nice FF1 for sale there - not sure if he sold it? 

28 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Yeah, here it is (the hardest one to see in my already terrible photo):

38AFA897-6055-49B7-B993-4019A4AB43E9.jpeg

50 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Do you happen to know the grade and price and how I could reach @CW

Thanks!

AJ

Can confirm it was a 1.5, but I don't recall what the price was.  He says he doesn't frequent the boards as often as he used to.  But he did give me his business card (fantasticcomicsandart@gmail.com).  Great guy.

4 hours ago, wormboy said:

@CW had a nice FF1 for sale there - not sure if he sold it? 

Have not heard or seen from CW in YEARS!

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Have not heard or seen from CW in YEARS!

Well here’s that problem solved :)

Dont worry, I lurk when I’m not changing diapers. (My kids...not mine. Just want to be clear there.)

10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Can confirm it was a 1.5, but I don't recall what the price was.  He says he doesn't frequent the boards as often as he used to.  But he did give me his business card (fantasticcomicsandart@gmail.com).  Great guy.

The FF1 is a 1.5 and it belongs to @Primetime he was holding down the booth with me. You can PM him if interested.

16 hours ago, wormboy said:

Finally, I’d like to thank boardie Jeff Li again for the bottle of Anthill Farms Pinot Noir, which I’m enjoying now, and is partially responsible for the past three posts lol

image.thumb.jpg.efc064f1add2f718906fa5ed2f35f02e.jpg

Tim,

You're very welcome for the wine, and thanks for organizing. Very fun show, and time flew by. I always forget how much time and effort it takes to set up and do a show. Fun, but as a lot of people will tell you, much more fun to buy comics than sell them. hm

5 hours ago, CW said:

Well here’s that problem solved :)

Dont worry, I lurk when I’m not changing diapers. (My kids...not mine. Just want to be clear there.)

Good to see you around these parts again!

BTW, as far as this thread goes, it would be nice to put names to the faces if they are board members.

Thanks for posting it, wormboy and HOC!