• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con Show Report
2 2

87 posts in this topic

Just now, HouseofComics.Com said:

Roy, you know you are coming out for the November or January one...

Hah!

As I always say, I don't need much persuasion to visit the West Coast!

I'll keep it in mind and see how my schedule unfolds later in the year. (thumbsu

I'm kicking myself for missing this.  I check out the CGC con schedule and didn't see the thread about this.

Any chance you guys could get CGC to show up for drop offs for your one in November?  Sure seems like it would be a synergy for them to get the drop off (like me) and you to get more traffic.  Not sure why'd they'd rather be at the SF Con, when it is far less about comics.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Good to see you around these parts again!

BTW, as far as this thread goes, it would be nice to put names to the faces if they are board members.

Thanks for posting it, wormboy and HOC!

Here are a few!

Sorry for the crappy photos - I'm alone at the door, so I have to run and take a few pics then run back to the door.

Hopefully you guys don't mind - I didn't get release forms lol

IMG_4433.thumb.jpg.02ab5da58ea87026bc6f348ff7f74b36.jpgIMG_4447.thumb.jpg.e0723b268f4c508f9923096dddad6ad2.jpgIMG_4432.thumb.jpg.72c39b648b4360065593c692910ea1fb.jpgIMG_4456.thumb.jpg.6a4b1a2312392f311da096f705c7a0b2.jpgIMG_4453.thumb.jpg.67df400133d01eae01b23637cd04bb76.jpgIMG_4422.thumb.jpg.43a29e85d06004e8225987e36bb0e454.jpg

2 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Looks like it was a great show Tim, what did you pick up? And where is your picture ? 

Thanks David, it's always a ton of fun! One day you'll come too!

The only thing I picked up this time was the Dark Knight box set Jeff sold me for cheap - I had a space on my Miller bookshelf that it fills nicely (Thanks Jeff!).

I took all the photos, which is why there are none of me. Trust me - you're not missing anything lol

18 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Thanks David, it's always a ton of fun! One day you'll come too!

The only thing I picked up this time was the Dark Knight box set Jeff sold me for cheap - I had a space on my Miller bookshelf that it fills nicely (Thanks Jeff!).

I took all the photos, which is why there are none of me. Trust me - you're not missing anything lol

How could I forget? I did buy a small pile of nice marvels from Edgerxs’ dollar box to fill a few holes in my runs.

C036F472-688D-44A2-BC4F-CACAD2B816C2.jpeg

29 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Comics historian Jpex next to Bitter Old Man in the pic.

Bummer.  I would've enjoyed meeting Jpepx78 and finding out the status on the Okajima pedigree part of the 50 Objects online project he is helping out on.  Do you know?

9 minutes ago, wormboy said:

How could I forget? I did buy a small pile of nice marvels from Edgerxs’ dollar box to fill a few holes in my runs.

C036F472-688D-44A2-BC4F-CACAD2B816C2.jpeg

The half price books by me had some amazing adventures X-Men, I didn't realize that people were interested. I assumed it was like marvel tales or Spider-Man classic. I'll have to revisit (thumbsu

Congrats!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The half price books by me had some amazing adventures X-Men, I didn't realize that people were interested. I assumed it was like marvel tales or Spider-Man classic. I'll have to revisit (thumbsu

Congrats!

No, people are still not interested lol Only me. They are exactly like Marvel Tales.

I collect HG Marvel runs from 1970-1981, so I'm always buying odd books that no one else wants. I love it!

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm ashamed to say I was too busy rifling through books at that table to even notice.  I gotta pay more attention.  :P

Are you in any of these pics?

Just now, wormboy said:

No, people are still not interested lol Only me. They are exactly like Marvel Tales.

I collect HG Marvel runs from 1970-1981, so I'm always buying odd books that no one else wants. I love it!

Thanks for letting me know (thumbsu glad you got some nice fillers then :foryou:

1 minute ago, wormboy said:

Are you in any of these pics?

Nope, I'm guessing you took those photos in the morning and I was there from 2-4.  But I do remember the girl drawing your Spider-Man sign.  I was walking out with my stack of books as you remarked to her "that even looks like Spider-Man."  I'll be sure to say hello in November.